Which Testament album should I purchase next?

Luca Brasi

Metal Up Your Ass!
Nov 23, 2005
New Orleans
I'm not very experienced in Testament's music. I received "The Legacy" as a Christmas gift, and I liked it quite a bit. I would like to here some more Testament, so any recommendations for my next Testament CD?

A lot of the old albums are often sold pretty cheap, so i'd say go with a combo of The New Order + Souls of Black or just buy Low. A lot of people seem to like The Gathering as well, but this wouldn't be my first choice. I't hasen't got that genuine Testament sound, that you'll find on the earlier albums.

If you're a wealthy dude, go buy 'em all. It is money well spent! And btw: don't listen to those who may tell you that The Ritual is no good. It's definetely in my Testament album top three!

If you enjoyed "The Legacy" then you should go with "The New Order" and "The Gathering" definitely. But no matter what you purchase- you'll buy them all eventually

You could get the albums in the order they were released. Since you have The Legacy get The New Order next, then Practice What You Preach, etc. Although, after you buy The New Order you could also get First Strike Still Deadly and hear songs off the first two albums re-recorded.

Sole Reaper said:
You could get the albums in the order they were released. Since you have The Legacy get The New Order next, then Practice What You Preach, etc. Although, after you buy The New Order you could also get First Strike Still Deadly and hear songs off the first two albums re-recorded.

^exactly.

I'm aware everyone has their opinion, so here's mine: First, I didn't really like 'The Legacy' (it was more about speed than the real heavy feel of the music, which I didn't care for)...so any album after that is good. But as a serious TestAmenT fan, 'Low' is not the way to go! 'Low' is their weakest album next to their first in my opinion (there are some good songs, but still as a whole, not their best.) I like the way 'First Strike Still Deadly' breaths life into the old songs that were on the first album though! If you DON'T like death metal, then avoid 'Demonic' or 'The Gathering' because both are very different from any other TestAmenT album. I am a death metal fan, so both of those albums are great to me! If you like "traditional" TestAmenT, then go w/ 'The New Order,' 'Practice...,' 'Souls of Black,' or 'The Ritual.':cool: