Which version of cubase do you use?

Is there a benefit in using the pro version over, let's say, Elements? I don't need most of the plugins that come with it.

Pro 7.5, but i still work in Pro 6.5 all time time
unfortunatly cant stand the new 7.x version and my workflow and working economics work far better in 6.5 than in 7.5.

Seems like Elements would be enough for my needs. I'll probably still end up getting the Pro Version, just to calm my OCD..

Thanks guys

tbh, 48 audio tracks isn't anywhere close to enough as far as i'm concerned....

This. Plus there are so many limitations with Elements that will kill the enjoyment of using Cubase. But each to his own.

7.5, and I got used to it, but damn I hate it's design comparing to 6.5. Who asked them?:) 7.5 has a few nice little features though (counterbalanced by some really annoying and silly bugs).

Hated the new console at first. Now I'm lost without it. Applying settings to one project to another is such a breeze now, copying inserts from track to track, linking only what I need between tracks, routing... Everything has become faster for me.

^ yes linking specifics is a nice feature. Im still on 6 though. I had been using the 7th version at my friend/bandmate's house and waited to get used to it before purchasing.
Ive been using it a lot and everytime i go home to cubase 6 i feel better haha.
And those bugs in 7... Drove me crazy.
A lot of nice features though, too bad i didnt click

Wait, am I missing something awesome bout 7.5? Because I honestly hate it mostly for two big reasons:

1. No input gain control on the mixer itself (this makes gain staging a pain in the ass)

2. If i have multiple regions highlighted and double-click on one of them to get into the waveform editor, it opens ALL the tracks instead of just the one I've double clicked. This makes it a huge pain in the ass when I'm editing drums and need to exclude hitpoints from the edit selection - I always go to double click a specific file (like you can in 5, 5.5, 6, and 6.5) and it just opens everything instead. Hugely frustrating change in behavior that makes my work take a lot longer.

Wait, am I missing something awesome bout 7.5? Because I honestly hate it mostly for two big reasons:

1. No input gain control on the mixer itself (this makes gain staging a pain in the ass)

2. If i have multiple regions highlighted and double-click on one of them to get into the waveform editor, it opens ALL the tracks instead of just the one I've double clicked. This makes it a huge pain in the ass when I'm editing drums and need to exclude hitpoints from the edit selection - I always go to double click a specific file (like you can in 5, 5.5, 6, and 6.5) and it just opens everything instead. Hugely frustrating change in behavior that makes my work take a lot longer.

1. It's right there with the Polarity switch and awesome theHP/LP section in the "PRE" section. It's extremely handy, fully automatable and shits.

546816POST.jpg

2. Not sure, I need to investigate. No time right now but I will do when I come back home.

I rarely use the Edit window for anything else than variaudio tbh. I edit mostly in the project window...

Oh yeah, this drives me nuts. Another weird thing is that when manually detecting hitpoints on a track in the waveform editor, somehow it always leaves the last hitpoint inactive.