• Theocracy (2003)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Mirror Of Souls (2008)

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

dudu

Aug 6, 2008
NY
Don't get me wrong, both albums were masterpieces but which album did you guys think was best?

I'm voting Theocracy (2003). I freaking LOVE MOS, with a passion, don't get me wrong. I just find myself jamming out to songs off the first album in my head more often then not. Maybe it was that I heard the first cd first, or maybe the spiritual changes that went through me as a result of that cd, I don't know. But that's my vote. :)

Haha, glad to see both albums getting some love. I know the old musician cliché is to say your most recent project is your best, but I don’t think I’ll ever say that. I can point out certain aspects, like “this one has better production” or “the singing is better on that one” or whatever, but overall? Too much like choosing between your kids. How can MoS be “better” than the first album, when it doesn’t have “The Serpent’s Kiss,” “Theocracy,” etc.? And how can the debut be “better” than MoS, without “Mirror of Souls,” “Laying the Demon to Rest,” etc.? So I’ll leave those debates to those more qualified. :)

speaking of the serpent's kiss, I wouldn't mind hearing a re-recorded version of it ;) real drums would breathe some new life into it, I believe :)

I think the goal of every band is to improve from album to album, each one building off the other. Not that one album is better than the other, just musical evolution. This is exactly what Theocracy has done, for the second album he has added new members (real drums, second guitar) and now with the third album a lead guitar player. This will undoubtedly sculpt who Theocracy is and in my opinion only get better.

i voted for Mirror of Souls.....only because theres a real drummer in it

i hope Theocracy someday Re-record the first one, with real drumms, not a machine :p

mmmmm, SGTM has to be the most progressive song of all time!!!! XD

I voted for the first album. Although the sound has matured a lot in the second album, it cannot compete with the exceptionally strong lyrics of the first album (IMHO, that is), although two songs of MoS have very good lyrics as well (Laying the demon to rest and Bethlehem), together with very good music. (Don't worry, I love the other songs as well, this 'rating' is based on the Theocracy scale.)

Well, haha, I don't really have an excuse, can't afford it atm and it's not on itunes (how dare they?)

I did ;) I don't have the $$$ atm but once I do I'll prob get it if I don't spend it on something for my truck haha

As much as i like MOS, i couldnt live without the first album, so my vote goes out to theocracy. If you like the band, you MUST get this album. I also think doing a remake of the first album with the new band would be AWESOME!(was talking with my friend about that a month or two ago). It would give everyone a chance to experience the old album with the production quality and sheer awesomeness of the new band.

This is a very difficult choice....I prefer the sound and production quality on Mirror of Souls, and Laying the Demon to Rest, Martyr, Mirror of Souls, and A Tower of Ashes are some of my favorite songs, ever. On the other hand, I prefer Theocracy lyrically, and I LOVE The Healing Hand, Sinner, Mountain, Theocracy, and Twist of Fate. So take that in whatever light you want. ;)

This is a very difficult choice....I prefer the sound and production quality on Mirror of Souls, and Laying the Demon to Rest, Martyr, Mirror of Souls, and A Tower of Ashes are some of my favorite songs, ever. On the other hand, I prefer Theocracy lyrically, and I LOVE The Healing Hand, Sinner, Mountain, Theocracy, and Twist of Fate. So take that in whatever light you want. ;)

I totally agree. :)