While Heaven Wept

Will someone please pay attention to this band! I received their latest CD, Vast Oceans Lachrymose, in the mail yesterday from The End Records. I have to say, this sounds like a band that will appeal to many of you on this board. Take a look and listen...

Features the former singer of Altura..... I have this in the pile to be listened to yet. The samples sound great, though.

Plenty of us pay attention to them.

I like VOL, but it doesn't touch the other two albums.

I don't think they get much mention, if any at all, aside from the doom threads though. I've sampled the album before this one and it sounds quite different than the latest. I believe the new one will appeal to more of the prog/power crowd.

Good thing someone smart suggested them for you, EoTs

Honestly, I can't remember whom brought my attention to them, but I know it was while we were discussing the doom genre. Like I stated above, I think this new one goes beyond that and more into prog/power territory.

~Brian~

I really like Empires and was skeptical when they got a different singer for the new one. I've heard some samples and I really prefer Tom's voice to the new guy. I still might pick it up and give it a try though.

PHENOMENAL album. I'm not sure why it gets lumped in with doom. It's an epic and, excuse the cheesy term, majestic album. Fans of metal owe it to themselves to hear this.

I really like Empires and was skeptical when they got a different singer for the new one. I've heard some samples and I really prefer Tom's voice to the new guy. I still might pick it up and give it a try though.

Listen to the second track from the new one...the dude can flat out sing!

PHENOMENAL album. I'm not sure why it gets lumped in with doom. It's an epic and, excuse the cheesy term, majestic album. Fans of metal owe it to themselves to hear this.

That's pretty much what I'm getting at with my initial post. VOL isn't a doom album, but more of a progressive power album. With that said, I really like their doom tracks from their previous albums that are on their MySpace page.

~Brian~

I love the new singer. He fits the band like a glove. If I didn't know ahead of time that it was a different guy, I would've just figured it was Tom with a few more years of age.