Whiskey vs gin

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
Can anyone explain why whiskey gets you 10 times drunker than gin when the average alcohol rate of gin is 37% and the whiskey one is 40 % ?

Strangelight said:
Gins for birds
whos that glen danzig look alike we were having this conversation with at that gig??

also note: saying whiskey and gin is misleading, there plain gin that little old ladies drink, then theres GIN

same with whiskey, ive heard certain people here refer to tescos brand brown spirits as whiskey :erk:

Bambi said:
whos that glen danzig look alike we were having this conversation with at that gig??

also note: saying whiskey and gin is misleading, there plain gin that little old ladies drink, then theres GIN

same with whiskey, ive heard certain people here refer to tescos brand brown spirits as whiskey :erk:
Hes some bloke I met in Kilmainham, I think hes a singer as well. And it wasnt Tescos brand it was Millars Gold :D 'a fine blend of selected spirits' (or something like that). Worked on me anyway, even if it did taste like stomach acid. But thats the price of heavy metal!

errmm because whiskey is 40% and gin is 37%?? that three percent is a killer
cos youre a puff who can only drink little wimmens drink like gin?? :tickled:
who knows?? just be thankful!!

Anyone tried this? Maddest thing I ever drank.
rp.gif

apparently the colour of your seleceted tipple is an indication of the level of intoxication you can expect from it,gin,vodka ,saki,schnapps etc contain less oxidising chemicals which affect the liver than spirits such as whisky.these can also contribute to hangovers which are predominately attributed to liquors of a darker colour.

theres soemthing inherently wrong about discussing alcohol on the interweb at 11 pm on a friday. :erk:
but still i wanna be up early tomorrow :saint: