White Wizzard lost singer...again.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Straight form their Facebook site

So fans of the Wizzard in London here is the deal. Joseph Michael fucked off our gig in Cardiff and left us screwed, sat in a bar and refused to perform the show. Though Peter and Jon came through and saved the day and sang some tunes, and actually had an amazing memorable gig....if there is anyone that can bring it on some Wizzard tunes that wants to get up and do 5 or 6 songs tomorrow night we will give you the chance......Jon and Peter will handle some tunes and we will make it a party. If we find a guy good enough....hey you can do the euro tour. Here is a chance for a fan that can sing......if not we may get a few guys up and just have fun with it. Yes our luck with singers is legendary and yes this is spinal tap but hey fuck it. We will carry on. The 4 of us are determined to not let it stop us. We thank every fan and will bring it tomorrow we assure you. Thanks for all your support.........God help us find a decent singer that is dependable and a good guy!! That is all we ask.....Here is to hoping and if anything one memorable night upcoming in London.

Tough luck.

From what followed on their fb-page, this seems to be getting dirty. No clue what this entire "our exsinger stole this girl's stuff and won't give it back, so spam him" is all about. And that's them talking 'bout professionalism...

No clue what this entire "our exsinger stole this girl's stuff and won't give it back, so spam him" is all about. And that's them talking 'bout professionalism...

Well if you had followed the whole story, you would have got a clue by now. In a nutshell the guy went drunk, bail out of the gig, stole a bag form a groupie/fan and refused to return it after he "exited stage left".

The band appealed to the fans to get the guy into reason since obviously there's no more communication between them. And according to the band it worked.

Then again the whole thing can be a can of worms wrapped in bullshit, so like many times in the history of rock/metal there are no angels I guess. After all there's no such thing as bad publicity :heh:

My point was simply that it doesn't look very professional either to tell fans to bully the guy into returning the bag via facebook. The professional way would have been calling the police, tell them "this guy has stolen this girl's bag", and that'd been that. Personally, I don't really give a fuck about them bitching around in public.

Friend of me once did an interview with a band and one of the members tried to steal his cell phone !

Their last album sucked because of their singer. That guy doesnt fit this band anyway. Anymore I dont know what singer could.

Actually the last album is better IMO than the previous with Wyatt.

Friend of me once did an interview with a band and one of the members tried to steal his cell phone !

LOL

Anyway they're a couple of centimeters of become oblivion. They cancelled the tour in Europe, Earache ditch them from the label roster and frankly they're not that good to care anymore (but still sad).

Matter o' fact, I only know the Over the Top-album. Is the stuff afterwards any good/better?

IMO the last album is fairly good. But if you stick only to OTT and the EP it's fine, you won't miss anything afterwards.

And I was right, the two guitar players just quit the band. So basically again Jon Leon is alone, and if he can read the signs on the wall, he better forget the whole thing and laid it to rest for good.