• Obituary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PiercedFromWithin

The Philosopher
Nov 27, 2002
Quebec
none
So, I don't know if something like this has been done before but I just wanted to post a poll anyway...:lol:

So who are the kings of Death...

That's death of course to me!

RIP Chuck

I dunno... it depends... are you asking who's king NOW, or who is now, in the past, and for all time???

Right now I think it's NILE.

But for all time I think it's Morbid Angel.

I dont consider Carcass deathmetal... It's goregrind for sure. Then death/rock.. I guess.

Carcass ruled for sure, but I wouldnt consider them Deathmetal. I can't vote though.. too many bands I love on there for different reasons.

Death were just amazing and always pushed the limits

Morbid Angel put on amazing live performances

Never a huge fan of Cryptopsy, though none so vile was good.

Suffocation ruled, and helped shape Deathmetal in the early 90's

Nile are great newcomers, but I only enjoy their last 2 albums.

Dying Fetus are more grind I think too. Their early stuff is good, but I think they are rather mundane lately.

At the Gates.. well they wre swedish melodic deathmetal. Surly ruled and never put out a bad album IMO.

Dark Tranquility have changed for better or worse

Vader's Ultimate Incantation ruled, since then they are on and off for CDs, but live they are very good.

In Flames - Never was a fan sorry.

Cannibal Corpse - Lost it since Vile. After Vile only certain tracks here and there are good for me. Hardly listen to them these days but their oldstuff is good for sure. Live they are quite boring these days.

Obituary - Cause of Death ruled, but after a while they started to suffer from lackluster song writing.

I think my vote would be for IMMO-FUCKING-LATION. Just because they are my favorite deathmetal band. And interestingly enough not on the list. All classics and have quite their own style and live they just rule. But if you dont know their music, I guess it can be boring, but since I have always kept up on them I love it all.

Incantation - another favorite of mine, but have been plagued by member changes sincee the beginning.

If you have At the Gates on there.. what about Dismember, Entombed.. man tons of others too.. Lots of great deathmetal in the early 90's, ,I could list them off all day.

Originally posted by valgalder
I dont consider Carcass deathmetal... It's goregrind for sure. Then death/rock.. I guess.

Carcass ruled for sure, but I wouldnt consider them Deathmetal. I can't vote though.. too many bands I love on there for different reasons.

Necroticism and Heartwork are, without a doubt, death metal.

It can be argued that even Symphonies of Sickness is death metal.

Reek of Putrefaction is grind.

Swansong is death n' roll.

obituary...

i think malevolent creation and napalm death deserve to be in this list...