• In Flames

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Cannibal Corpse

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Obituary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dark Tranquillity for me too...

and LOL at those who say they aint Death Metal.
They are MELODIC death metal---but thats STILL death metal...
Its ovious and logic. Many people just aint into real brutal death metal, so they listen to the melodic ones like DT which kicks ass.
From the brutal ones the only really GREAT one i could listen to- was Hypocrisy. Abducted was insane (even though it was their only black one).
AtTheGates are class too but almost too hard for me, can only rarely listen to such hardness.

Yeah I'm not really into much brutal death metal, don't think I will ever be, I just prefer melody over brutality, always will too.

...and In Flames, Death and DT are the bands listed I like the most because of their fine melodies...

I voted Morbid Angel.I think they are about as good as it gets when it all comes down to it.

I love Nile loads,one of my favorite DM bands.Vader rule too.Immolation are great(i know there not on the list),but there latest album is the only one that interests me immensely.I would have voted for Death,but i find them to incorporate more than just DM in to there style.

But for my favorite DM band right now,its definatley without a doubt DECAPITATED.I just cant find any other DM band right now that even begins to compare to them.There not just average at all,i think they are one of the very few DM bands these days that actually concentrates on all aspects of the genre.Especially when it comes to songwriting.DM metal bands can sweep pick at a million miles an hour,and while thats very talented,it just doesnt compare (IMO)to good all around well written songs.But not that DECAPITATED arent technical,just listen to the new album.Vogg,their guitarist is probaly my favorite player right now.He has perfect timing,precision,an incredible and original technique,and hes not OTT with any of it.

rant over.

I don't know why everyone hates Cannibal Corpse.

My only complaint is that Paul is a SLOW drummer. His blasts are lame, and he has crappy fills.

Otherwise, they have great vocals, great guitarwork, EXCELLENT bass work (Alex Webster is possibly the greatest bassist in death metal, past and present).

Sure, they've been kind of lacking with Gore Obsessed, but Eaten Back to Life all the way through Bloodthirst was killer.

I'm getting more into death metal as of late, especially the really brutal stuff. I really am liking the stuff I have heard by Cryptopsy but it seems as though you all like the other bands on the list better. What cd's or songs should I check out by the other bands on that list? Thanks for your help.