Who are you?

PinkThrone said:
My girlfriend studies finnish too, I don't get it, I think that language is horrible. Japanese I can understand, though :D

Studying Finska in Scandinavia is not unusual...you're practicly neighbours.
Finnish has a twisted structure to it and a lot of words look almost the same.

I thought the same about Swedish but after I started studying it the rules are not that hard...I still have a problem understanding what people are saying and with some of the pronounciation but I can read and write and actually understand what I'm reading.
I seem to understand Danish a little too...it's pretty close to Swedish

Danish and swedish is basically the same, yeah.

Actually, Finland is more or less in my house. My stepdad is of ½ finnish origin, also meaning my two babysisters are 1/4 finnish. *cough*even though they're from Southwestfinland, the swedish speaking part of Finland*cough*

I have a question for you
"mit egern er ikke med mig lige nu"
some dude brought a sign with this written to the opeth concert
even though it's Danish and Opeth are Swedish(+Mendez)
I understood what it said because it's close to the swedish form "min ekorre är inte med mig just nu"
It means "my squirrel isn't with me right now"
my question: Is "egern" slang for anything?

I don't think so, but yeah, it could have some subliminal message, but egern means.. just squirrel. Of course it can be some kind of Opeth-him thing, that non of us will ever get. But where was that gig?

A very old thread...! What a nice thing!... First welcome to all the new ones!!!! :headbang: always is nice to see how comunity is growing!!

I am Magdalena from Mexico city, I have 22 years old and I am at the 8th semester of university studying Restoring of cultural heritage.

I love Orphaned Land since the first song I listen, and then much more when I met them at the signing session and show at Circo Voldor one year ago :) They are so beautiful persons and you can spend such a good time with them! That they are deeply in my soul, in my skin with a tatoo! and in my mind and hands to make true a special project I´ve been working on!!:p

So keep on here that these guys are the best!!!

Hello! I'm new here :) My name is Nicolas, 24 year old jewish man form Quebec Canada!! I love OL since a few years now they are one of my favorite band!!!! Glad to see so many fans sharing our passion for this great band!:D

Hi Im Warren (but everyone calls my Wozza) from London, England. I am student at university studying History, I finished 2nd year yesterday ! YAY MASSIVE MAZE UP! I am in a prog band called Equinox (we do have amyspace that is slowly being built up) and have been playing guitar for 10 years. When Im not jamming with Equinox or just being a student I work at a lcoal museum.
So to everyone here I bid them either a Hello, Guden Tag, Jambo or Shalom!

Thank you DeadlyRose what have you been up to today? Iv just been chilling and jamming on my guitar, goin out in a mo. You doing much tonight?