Who has seen Type O Negative Live?

Stoner Sioux

Death Metal Princess
Mar 20, 2002
In A White Trash Neighborhood
Visit site
The first time I saw them was in 1996 on the October Rust tour. They played a small club here, and I got right up front. The lighting on them was dark and their hair was in their faces. When they played frozen all this fake snow fell on our heads. That was cool.

Then I saw them at Ozzfest 1997. I was on the lawn so I couldn't see real well.

Last time I saw them was in early 2000 on their World Coming Down Tour. Good show, Pete swigs on the wine quite a bit and he does wear that chain link bass strap. That must be heavy. Its cool to see them rock out live, Kenny does more vox than you think too.

Reactions: Fourka
I've seen 'em twice, both on the WCD tour. Once was with Coal Chamber, the other was a headlining tour with Spineshank, I believe. Shitty Roadrunner labelmates... :(

But what matters is that Type O was great. I loved it. Snow fell from the ceiling during "Wolf Moon". Can't wait to see 'em again.

I saw them on the World Coming Down tour in 2000 at Irving Plaza and again in 2001 at L'amour during their semi-annual Halloween tour (if you were there, I was the asshole screaming for "USA for USA" :D ). I was pissed they didn't have another on of those this year, but I guess getting the new album quicker makes up for it...

-Humanure

I've seen them live only once... in the AB in Brussels, and I have to say I was truely disappointed in the audience, what a lameasses :Smug: I hope the audience on Graspop is a little more enthousiastic.

First time I saw them was for The October Rust tour opening for Queensryche at an outdoor venue in '95. There were well over about 10,000 people there and it was an enchanting evening to say the least.

I saw them pretty long ago but I remember the date exaclty it was
18th July 1997. I can't tell you much about it cos it was very long ago but i remember it was gorgeous. They had a signing session also and I've made some pics. I asked my friend to make a photo of Peter standing but when he stood up he was stunned because of his height and couldn't do anything besides wondering :)

I saw them on their last Halloween tour. Only once...
I have to see them at least twice whenever they decide to tour around here.

A line I will not forget anytime soon [in regards to pete's humor]
"if you don't know the words, follow my bouncing balls."

Reactions: HemiGTX
Saw Type O Negative on the Haloweenie tours twice at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY..Everbody was singing along when Type O did "black #1"..Pete has a good sense of humor, it was alot of fun..He handed out pumpkins..Second Haloweenie tour he threw toliet paper at us, and that went on for about 10 minutes..

I've seen Type O Negative once in Helsinki in November 1996 on the October Rust tour at the local rock club [called Tavastia].

Looking forward to seeing them next summer at Tuska Festival here in Finland.
It was a long time to wait, over 6 years.
Hopefully everything goes well and I'll be able to see them again...

I saw them a few years ago .. hmm guess it would have been the world coming down tour ..

ha.. peter was such an angry fatso, kept bitching cause the lights were too bright, among other things, and they only played about half the songs on their setlist before he just gave up and left the stage.. hahaha everyone in attendance was so angry at him.. pete's so cool :D

Chromatose said:
I saw them a few years ago .. hmm guess it would have been the world coming down tour ..

ha.. peter was such an angry fatso, kept bitching cause the lights were too bright, among other things, and they only played about half the songs on their setlist before he just gave up and left the stage.. hahaha everyone in attendance was so angry at him.. pete's so cool :D

Peter the anti-rock star!
lol.gif

Have seen them both on WCD- and october rust tour!. The october rust koncert was just a killer, we where like 25000 spectators (midtfyns festival in Denmark) with me at the front offcause. Before the koncert ended I had a plectra witch said TON on the one side and peter Steele on the other plus I got his towel. The towel where/is still full of redwine spots, and the smell of Peters sveet.....never washed it!! The koncert actually ended with Peter asking the crowd if we would want his bass-guitar, and we all screemed yes offcause, so he smashed it into the ground, and threw it out to the crowd who went mad. I got a grip on the guitar for like 2 seks. but impossible to gather it for oneself. Dont know where it ended but I got my souvineers (bad spelling but fuck it u´l understand I hope)!