Who here plays Gibson guitars

I've got a 200 mb .mpg great quality of that video (yeap, and also the 60 mpg bad quality one)
and wouldn't dare to say which guitar it is....looks pretty jackson to me, but well at least have some strings on it so it's still can be any other guitar...

well I suppose we could arrange something :)
only I hope you don't have a 56 modem connection...then it would be a hell!!!!

Recently got myself a Gibson Les Paul Gothic series. That's my second guitar in collection. Now, my only problem is that I can't seem to find the right strings from my fingers. Currently using Ernie Ball 8-38. Any suggestion?

- red_beef

So,

I play the drums, not guitar, but my brother has been playing for 13 years or so...

As much as I hate the shape of LP, I must admit that their sound is brilliant, both for clean and distorted endeavours.

The only decent looking LP are Zak Wylde's and the gothic one (but the SG looks better)

Weeeell sir, I gotta admit I'm not to keen on the Gibson guitars...I played one, and I wasn't too impressed...can't remember which model it was, but I remember thinking that the fretboard wasn't too easy to manoeuvre around, although it may have just been a crappy guitar.
I use a Jackson WR1 and a Yamaha SG500 and love them both...the Yamaha has a brilliant beefy sound or a light jazz sound, and despite the fact Yamaha aren't nearly as well known for quality guitars as Fender or Gibson, I prefer it indefinitely...
Oh and by the way, 100 posts!!! Yay me! :headbang:

I always go with Gibson Les Paul or Fender Stratocaster. The best guitars ever made. I've tried both Jackson and Ibanez and for me they suck in comparison with Gibson and Fender.

Yippie, bring out the Pauls!!!

:headbang:

I have owned an Ibanez John Petrucci for four yrs or so, but I fell in love with an ebony LP standard. That was it, now the ibanez is gone for another LP, an ebony Studio.

I just like their siound and feeling better, they sounf more natural, and they feel more comfortable to me. Moreover, I have come to hate Floyd Rose Trems: String changing is absoultely horrible, and the intonation is really bad, if you tune down to C, as my band does. With the Pauls: No Problem!

As for clean sounds, I still prefer Stratocasters!

I play PRS Custom 24's and I will never play another guitar in my life..

I also Play A Fender American Strat, beat up and hammered like there is tomm. And still is ticking

I used to play Ibanez's, I dunno I dun like the thin neck, It makes playing fast and technical too damn easy, I like playing guitar to be a fight and a struggle, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing sumthin..

I have owned Gibson Les Paul's, got a heavy rythm tone, chunky and fat, but the lead soun was muddy and shrill, just not right for the kinda stuff I play.

I have a Wine Red 1988 les paul custom. the neck pickup is origional, but the cover is removed and the lead pickup is a t-500 gibson. I just sold a 1974 les paul deluxe goldtop that i had for 10 years, but it was pretty beat up and the frets were real worn. I made alot of money on it, so im not complaining. The custom is so much more easy to play, so i just stuck with that, plus it has a CRUSHING sound!!!!!!

@ red-beef: a .008 set on a Gibson is for pussies! Since Gibsons have got a smaller scale length than Fenders, Jacksons or Ibanezes, string tension is significantly less. In standard tuning I would play a .010 set, in flat tuning probably an .011 set. I tune to C, so i use a .012 set.

If I could afford a PRS, I`d give it a try, because I think they better suit clean sounds without sacrificing the roaring Gibson distortion. But they are way too expensive here in Germany, about 3000 €. My second hand LP's have been significantly cheaper.

And as for the lead sound: I think it depends very much on the amp you use, because my leads are not shrill. I use a Marshall JMP-1 and a Marshall EL 84 20/20 Poweramp. Just 2 x 20 Watts, but fucking louder than you need.

And to preach it again: DO NOT USE STANDARD MARSHALL CABS!!! They suck...

Use cabinets with Celestion Vintage 30. They rule. Celestion Greenbacks are also OK, but those cabs are not made for stereo use, so nothing for my setup. Marshall 1960V Cabs have got Celestion V30s, as well as Mesa cabs and some Engl cabs.

I play Jackson Exclusively. My Jackson USA KV2 is the love of my life. I swear I will be buried with it someday.
I also own a mid line Jackson Kelly, which is pretty sweet as well.
And a bottom of the line Jackson Soloist, which (no offence to anyone), in my opinion still plays better than any Ibanez that I have ever had the misfortune of playing.

I also used to hate Floyd Rose until I discovered Trem Stabalizer. Changing tunings, strings, gauges is a breeze now.

I gots a gibson gothic sg w/ gold dimarzios in it...:D

But my dream guit would have to be a US BC Rich arch top mockingbird....oh baby

oh yeah and dont use 8-38s...hell no...hehe