who is your favorite metal drummer?

I think you'll have to talk to "M@X" about becoming a collaborator.

And yeah, I know you're not a SymX freak like me (and conversely I'm less of a serious DT fan)...but sometimes it can be nice to have somebody in my corner when both bands' most recent albums come up in conversation!!! ;)

Probably Jason Rullo. I really like his part in Church of the Machine where Russ sings:

Scream-and no one hears my pleas
Faceless masses falling to their knees

Metropolis Part 2 said:
I'm sorry but I can't find this "M@X" person. Please help me.

He's the admin of the board and site. If you have trouble, you may also be able to PM maani and have him help you out. Hope this helps!

soundgarden--Are you talking about a live version of CotM, because Walling's on the original.

Rose Immortal said:
He's the admin of the board and site. If you have trouble, you may also be able to PM maani and have him help you out. Hope this helps!

soundgarden--Are you talking about a live version of CotM, because Walling's on the original.

Wow, and i call myself a SX fan. :erk:

Who is Walling and whats the story behind him?

Yup. Rullo had some loose ends of some sort to tie up, so he stepped out and then came back for V.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Yes, but considerably weak compared to Neil Peart.

Doesn't matter to me...it's also important to fit one's bandmates' sound well, too, and that Carey accomplishes. :)

favorite metal drummers:
Martin Lopez
Jason Rullo
Pain of Salvation's drummer
Mike Portnoy
Sean Reinart(sp?)
Asgeir Mickelson

non-metal:
Neil Peart
Danny Carey
Primus' drummer
Dredg's drummer
Gavin Harrison

Basically none of them are the best at what they do but they are my favorites.

Johan Langel Is awesome :)

About Danny Carey not being a Metal drummer, he is definitely a Metal drummer. A lot of the styles he uses sounds very much like a Metal drummer. He obviously plays in a Metal band.