Who remembers the 80s and can tell me about the guys playing in girl metal bands?

allnightnday

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2014
Whenever I hear about that time when "metal ruled the world", it's always about the guys from Motley Crue, Poison, Warrent, etc. and their notorious bad boy lifestyle - sex, drugs 'n rock 'n roll ...

I've been wondering what kind of image the male band members of female fronted acts like Aaron Lee, Saraya, Femme Fatale and Lita Ford's band had back then.

Obviously the girls didn't behave like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee taking drugs and having sex with tons of groupies after every show, but how about the other band members?

What were they like, did they hang out with the other rock stars? How were they perceived by the public?

As far as I can tell from the few photos I found, they didn't wear make-up and dressed somewhat less flashy than most of the all male bands like Motley or Poison.

Were there also groupies going crazy for them or didn't they get any attention at all?

leeaaronband.jpg

full.jpg

a) Metal didn't RULED the world, RULES the world.
b) The bands that ruled and rules are not those precisely.

For the rest I can't help you, but it is a very good and fair question.

Lol okay, let's say "ruled mainstream media".

Come on, where are all the people from the eigthies :D maybe this is not the right forum ...

Based on the two photos provided, it seems that it was necessary to have one band member disguised as Tony Iommi (or maybe it's Derek Smalls?)

Sebastian Bach was in a band called Madame X which included two girls from Vixen (which was formed later). His image was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7HFHQnVi3E

I die laughing every time I watch it...

PS: That guy with the mustache on Lita Ford band looks EXACTLY like David Coverdale with a mustache... I can't get that pic off my head now..

The only thing i remember was the members of Vixen i believed had penis's and the guys from Poison did not! ; )

I liked/still like listen to eighties all female , female fronted bands.
I have been following Lee Aaron,s entire 30 year career. it is true that her sound got lighter with each successive album and- yes- she ventured into jazz?!!?

it is probably a good bet that back in the day male members of these bands were "gettin' some"- wasn't every band?!

Femme Fatale is now all-female(they started with Lorraine Lewis as lead and only female)

lets face it guys-metal has always been about machismo;but for sake of argument and this point, didn't you "wanna" with Lee Aaron,Betsy Weiss of Bitch,Doro,Lita Ford and Vixen?

put our barbarian tendencies aside briefly and toast the ladies for a second

Metal4Life and luv the ladies!

Of course I also listen to gone bands like Acid, Znöwhite, Satanic Rites, Warlock, Girlschool, Rock Goddess, Phantom Blue, Kurgan's Bane

But also I like active bands delivering the goods like Doro, A Sound of Thunder, Benedictum, Sister Sin, Avatarium, Chastain, Blood Ceremony, Hellcats, Stos, Lana Lane, Crucified Barbara

I had kind of already given up on this thread, just randomly clicked on it again going through old bookmarks ^^ thanks so much for the more interesting responses that came in later!

Sebastian Bach was in a band called Madame X which included two girls from Vixen (which was formed later). His image was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7HFHQnVi3E

I die laughing every time I watch it...

LOL tremendous.

lets face it guys-metal has always been about machismo;but for sake of argument and this point, didn't you "wanna" with Lee Aaron,Betsy Weiss of Bitch,Doro,Lita Ford and Vixen?

put our barbarian tendencies aside briefly and toast the ladies for a second

Metal4Life and luv the ladies!

1. Men love sex and that is the way it is. However, I respect the ladies of metal and will not make them seem cheap by saying how much I want to have sex with them. Doro was/is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Ronnie James Dio and she learned from him how to treat her fans. She is truly a wonderful person and normally goes and talks to her fans after the show like they are her best friend. Can you imagine being a very small and attractive woman and doing that night after night with your fans ? I mean, some psycho could just pick her up and take her off with him in the right circumstance. It must be tough for those ladies to so that. I have a tremendous respect for the ladies of metal.
  2. Please excuse the 1.2.3 stuff. One of my cats walked on the keyoard......
  3. Bryant