Who Should Anthrax Tour With

Hey all, I have a totally different take on who Anthrax should take with them (why all this talk of them getting to be an 'opener' for someone - they're the HEADLINERS dammit).

Back in '89 or '90, Anthrax took Exodus out on the road to help their exposure and then added Helloween as a way of bringing a relatively unknown "European" band with them. It was fantastic because let's face it, how else will us stateside fans get to see anyone cool. It's the same deal with Nile taking Arch Enemy on the road, and Iced Earth taking In Flames with them.

I want to see a 3-band bill that pleases the 'Thrax faithful and also opens the doors for some different metal as well. For example, to ME, this would be a perfect tour:

Anthrax (headlining)
Manowar (middle slot)
Shadows Fall (would fit in perfect with the mosh/hardcore/metal crowd that Anthrax attracts, plus they're an up-n-coming good ol' USA band from Mass.)

What about it?

i still say anthrax and ministry. Both are putting out new material, both bands seem to be friends, I just dont know if the management would get along. Is Johnny z still mamaging Ministry and if so is he still cool with thrax?

To be honest, if Anthrax headlines, I don't give a rat's ass who opens for them (though Slayer and/or Pantera would be cool), I just want to see Anthrax play for about 2 hours!
Now that would rule!!!

Originally posted by markgugs
Hey all, I have a totally different take on who Anthrax should take with them (why all this talk of them getting to be an 'opener' for someone - they're the HEADLINERS dammit).

Back in '89 or '90, Anthrax took Exodus out on the road to help their exposure and then added Helloween as a way of bringing a relatively unknown "European" band with them. It was fantastic because let's face it, how else will us stateside fans get to see anyone cool. It's the same deal with Nile taking Arch Enemy on the road, and Iced Earth taking In Flames with them.

I want to see a 3-band bill that pleases the 'Thrax faithful and also opens the doors for some different metal as well. For example, to ME, this would be a perfect tour:

Anthrax (headlining)
Manowar (middle slot)
Shadows Fall (would fit in perfect with the mosh/hardcore/metal crowd that Anthrax attracts, plus they're an up-n-coming good ol' USA band from Mass.)

What about it?

Replace Manowar with some other band, and that would rule.

Someone hinted at it but Static X then Sevendust & then the Anthrax drukin barn dance. I'd like my band open but, scew that I want to enjoy the show. By the way BLS blows. I went to ozzfest in cali the last time PanterA did it. Zakk punched his guitar tech on stage !!! Then the unmotivated crap included a half ass version of "No more Tears" Maybe so the crowd would recognize him, what a cock rocker. Anybody remember the bullshit piano thing Zakk did ? He got boo'ed off the stage in S.C. Don't ge me wrong I like his playing with Oz but there's noway I'd sit through BLS again even if it was to see Anthrax.

Originally posted by prime666
A tour with MINISRTY WOULD BE THE

A-FUCKING-Men man. Both Antrhax and Ministry are on Sanctuary, and both have albums coming out this fall. It makes perfect sense. I know Scott and Charlie are fans of Ministry, and Al did a couple of remixes for Return of the Killer A's, so it is about time these guys toured together!