who the hell remembers this song!?!?!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Alright old schoolers....especially you old schoolers 30 and up...I cannot get this freaking song out of my head today and now I GOTTA find it on cd!!! Don't remember the guys name but it was a staple on mtv in the 80's. The guy was a chubby longhair who looked like Meatloaf and the song went like this....

"Last time I saw SOnny I was just about this tall/and he always made my mama kinda crazy when he'd call/him and my old man would stand and whisper in the hall/and then they'd disappear and maybe not come home at all.......IT'S A FIIIIIIIIIIINE FIIIIIIIIINE DAAAAYY FOR A REUNION>>>>>

Well, that's it and i can't quit singing it to myself. But who in the hell was this guy?!?!?

HELP!!

Greeno?

Swine?

Sorry Ted, but I suck at the lyrics game. Maybe Plan13 could help, he's good at remembering words to songs.

Greeno said:
Did a little search on the net and came up with the name Tony Carey. Does that ring a bell?

Go here to read about him--
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDCASS70401061816151427&sql=B6hbsa9lgb23u
Toney Carey was Rainbow's keyboardist at the "On Stage" time. He also had a solo career, even videos in MTV at the time. More pop oriented to my taste back then.

Fine, Fine Day
(Carey)

When my Uncle Sonny blew back into townI'd just go for a ride and have a look aroundTook off his fedoraStuck his fingers in the crownAnd he pulled out twenty dollarsAnd he laid that money downAnd he called out to a taxi cab "take me down to Central Parkand keep that meter runnin' to the twenty dollar mark"And he kept his eyes turned forwardAnd he sat up straight and tallAnd no one even noticed himNo one cared at allChorus:It's a fine fine day for a reunionIt's a fine fine day for comin' homeYou did your sittin' you did hard timeBut you ain't gonna sit no moreThey can't keep you there no moreIt's a fine fine dayAnd nothin's gonna take you,Nothin's take you awayIt's a fine fine dayOh, yehThe last time I saw Sonny I was just about this tallAnd he always made my momma kinda crazy when he calledAnd him and my old man would stand and whisper in the hallThen they'd disappear and maybe not come home at allThen one day, Sonny stopped comin' aroundHeard he got himself into a little troubleout in townSometime after that he finally disappeared for goodBut he pulled that old Houdini like we always knew he wouldIt's a fine fine day for a reunionIt's a fine fine day for comin' homeYou did your sittin' you did hard timeBut cha ain't gonna sit no moreThey can't keep you there no moreIt's a fine fine day, oh yehAnd nothin's gonna drag youNothin's gonna drag you away, oh yehIt's a fine fine day, fine day(back up singers:"oooooo a fine fine day, fine dayoooooo a fine fine day, fine day")I see you made it back alright, alrightI see you're none the worse for wearIt's been a long time comin'nothin' gonna drag you away from hereA fine fine dayAnd nothin's gonna drag youNothin's gonna drag you away, oh yehA fine fine day, oh yehA fine fine day, (back up singers: "oooooo a fine fine day")And nothin's gonna drag youNothin's gonna drag you awayA fine fine day, fine fine day (fades out)Dew-Man