Who travels to the Continent for gigs?

maestro_al

Who Dares Wins
Mar 26, 2002
Since European foreign travel is getting easier and cheaper by the day, I'm just wondering how many people have the luck of travelling to France, Germany, Sweden, Italy etc to see metal bands that don't make it to the UK.

Based on the thread discussing the death of metal in the UK, I assume fans in the UK take the opportunity of travelling abroad to see their favorite bands?

Just curious. Thanks. :)

I have done in the past. Just last month I drove to Holland to see Hollenthon's first two shows.

I also went to Helsinki to see Finntroll, but the bastards cancelled the show a week before we left and it was too late to cancel or change the flights. We still had a decent time though (cheers Hearse and Orchid :)).

Lee B

na, im not rich enough to travel somewhere just for a gig. if there was a really good festival or something i might go with a few mates but only when i have money that is. i think i would travel if i was in mainland europe, then its easier, just a car journey. but here, na

Yep I do. Around 6 times a year in fact. So far I've done

Feb: Paris to see Evergrey + Andromeda
Mar: Stuttgart to see Saviour Machine

at the end of the month, I'm off to see Vanden Plas, Superior and others in Paris, then at the end of June I'm off to Balingen (near Stuttgart) for the 'Bang Your Head' festival and in November its Atlanta for 'Progpower USA 3.0'. Will probably fit in a few other trips if I can.

I usually end up travelling alone, so its cheapest/quickest by Eurostar or by air. Would go more frequently if I had someone else to travel with and could do it more cheaply.

Well how expensive is it to go through the tunnel and then renting a car? Is it much more than, say, flying from London to Manchester?

..not many asian go to the europe just for facing their favourite album...but i think,napalm death has complete the "revenge" of their fans in malaysia......and SODOM will come to the thailand to made an appearance with siamese christbeheading holocaust brutal black metal band,SURRENDER OF DIVINITY together with singoperan legendary black metal band,IMPIETY,with malaysian new age metal ala-nu sepultura,BLIND TRIBE(fuck to this band!!)...and aother guest band.....still unknown.....

Do any of you know where i could purchase tickets for a Nightwish gig in europe preferably the Paris date otherwise anywhere

All help would be very much apreciated

http://www.fnac.com/ if you speak French

http://www.ticketnet.fr/ if you dont :)

I've used both and they can be trusted. Tickets will probably be sent by special delivery, so

a) postage is not cheap
b) you need to be home to sign for them (or collect them from the post office)

FNAC also have an option for you to opt to collect the ticket from one of their stores. You'll get an order number which you take to a store and they'll print the ticket out for you.

I go to France a lot for gigs, so if you have any further questions, drop me a line.

Charlie

I'd love to go to Wacken, but sadly don't have the cash :(

Europe gets all the good festivals

no-one has any f*cking money for Wacken!!!!!

i'm sick of hearing that f*cking excuse!!!

its not good enough anymore. next time i hear that excuse i'm frogmarching whoever it is to the cash point to get out the cash and buy a sodding ticket!!! i've been a student for 3 years and i have enough money! what the hell?!??!?! AAARGH

*collapses is stressed heap*