Who travels to the Continent for gigs?

Wacken, Graspop are targets this year, as the year before.

Well fucking worth it, and anyone saying wacken is too expensive didn't think of booking ryanair tickets cheap ages ago. I didn't, but I'm a mug and will find other ways of getting there.

Argon is a blatant rip off in any case, much better to get their on your own steam.

Ozzfest:45£
Wacken:Less + more + better bands
Graspop:Less + more + better bands

I don't really see anything but reasons to go...

I went to Wacken 2001 and it was awesome, went with Argon events, they cater for European gigs and fests! Wacken was awesome, Brill bands, Brill People, Very well Organised, Can't make it this year, I was due to go Bang your Head with Argon but they pulled the tour due to LACK OF INTEREST 10 Days before departure, Could not afford to do it independently! So that Sucked! Fests in Europe are better than Englands! Sad But True! Definately will go to a Fest in 2003 in Germany!

Wacken is a must. Been to Dynamo & Graspop many times but nothing prepared me for Wacken. Simply the most metal event on Earth!

I don’t use Argon for anything anymore as I’ve had too many bad experiences with them and I prefer to travel by plane & train – plus for Wacken they are a rip off IMO.

With cheap Ryanair flights from Stansted to Hamburg Lubeck (not now – you have to book a lot earlier – early enough and it’s £30 return) you can make it an inexpensive trip. Not including beer costs, of course ;)

One of the other cool things is that the campsite is open from Tuesday even though the Festival is Friday & Saturday so you can really get yourself in the mood if you want to. Many of us who go from the UK are going on Wednesday morning this year- can’t wait :)

Never been to Europe for a show but if it coutns I've driven 1000 miles to see In Flames,1200 to see Helstar and Solitude Aeturnus and 500 to see Dimmu Borgir,planing my trip to Atlanta this next November for the Progpower Metalfest.Next friday(two days from now)I'm driving 100 miles to the Milwaukee Metalfest but hopefully I'll have enough money to go to Waken sometime before I die............