Who would have a better chance at playing PPUSA....

I have to agree with the person earlier who said (something along these lines) that there are so many great bands out there that have never got the chance to play PP that we should not spend so much time dwelling on the bands that lost their chances.

And Nevermore, I have already seen them twice, could have seen them two more times, and the times I saw them I was not impressed.

Is Magnitude 9 still together? Didn't they bail on ProgPower once because the singer had to be home to pick up his kid at the school bus or something?

Is Magnitude 9 still together? Didn't they bail on ProgPower once because the singer had to be home to pick up his kid at the school bus or something?

:lol:...I remember that! I believe it was Robert Johnson wanting to be at home, because his child was starting its first day of school. I loved that band! I wish they hadn't broke up.

~Brian~

Just a thought but... why not just save up some scratch and fly to europe to see Serenity? Why not fly out to a show that nevermore plays? Or wait for Volbeat to come around on tour again? I mean, i understand this is the progpower forum and all and i'm not trying to say go elsewhere, but in this case.... fuckin... go elsewhere? :lol:

really, while the girlfriend analogy was a bit too... um... deep? I still think it's fair to point out that all of this is a moot point and doesn't need to be brought up. Hop a plane, go to europe, have a fun week and see some metal. Go to a killer euro fest and see some of these bands along with 50 others who will never play america! Nothing like seeing Sonata Arctica 3 years before they even thought to step foot on US soil (and they were still good back then!). Point is, there are other ways than progpower to see these bands. Just because a promoter won't book them doesn't mean they will never again play live.

Just a thought but... why not just save up some scratch and fly to europe to see Serenity? Why not fly out to a show that nevermore plays? Or wait for Volbeat to come around on tour again? I mean, i understand this is the progpower forum and all and i'm not trying to say go elsewhere, but in this case.... fuckin... go elsewhere? :lol:

really, while the girlfriend analogy was a bit too... um... deep? I still think it's fair to point out that all of this is a moot point and doesn't need to be brought up. Hop a plane, go to europe, have a fun week and see some metal. Go to a killer euro fest and see some of these bands along with 50 others who will never play america! Nothing like seeing Sonata Arctica 3 years before they even thought to step foot on US soil (and they were still good back then!). Point is, there are other ways than progpower to see these bands. Just because a promoter won't book them doesn't mean they will never again play live.

But Zach, have you forgotten that for some of the members on this forum, they are contractually obligated to have ProgPower USA and ProgPower USA only as their sole method of watching bands in concert? :lol: :headbang:

I wish I had money to go oversees and see fest. but I dont so until then PP is all I have, and I have to strife to just have money for it. (Well that is what I get for majoring in education)