Who would have a better chance at playing PPUSA....

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
who would have a better chance at playing progpower out of these three since they've, under varied circumstances, not been able to appear at ProgPower after they were scheduled to play.

A) Nevermore

B) Volbeat

C) Serenity

or...

D) (insert possible band that that I forgot about)

I personally would hope beyond all hope that Nevermore will one day be able to play PPUSA despite the past couple of issues, but I'd say Volbeat has more of a chance at having another shot before any of them did unfortunately. (I suppose its only unfortunate for those that wanna see another one more than them though...)

Sucks that Serenity is on his bad side now too. Damn.

If I could have any of those bands it would probably still be Nevermore...such an awesome band that, like, NEVER does headlining tours, so to see a headlining show (like we were going to get the year Jorn played) would be the ultimate in awesome.

Might Within Temptation be added to that list? Wasn't there something about their management not even bothering to respond to any offers? Perhaps I'm wrong. Hope so.
Anyway, Volbeat probably has the best chance.

Edit: Just read Bill's post below. Didn't see it that way at first, but now that you point it out, I think you got something there. Was just playing with some idle speculation, but perhaps this topic is best left dormant (hence edit over reply.)

I posted a thread months ago asking Glenn if Volbeat was forever lost to ProgPower and he never responded to that question.Maybe he didn't see it,but by not answering I'm not as hopeful about them as some people are.

Say what you will about Nevermore (Neveragain :lol:), but they would pack the place. That alone puts them at the top of the list. I would imagine that having been burned twice it would be a gamble to book them again, but it would have a nice payoff. How many other big name Prog/Power bands are there left that haven't played PPUSA? By big names, I mean bands that would sell tickets, not the bands that have 20 discs but can't fill a small club, or bands that have a "huge" underground following but can't fill a small club.

I'd still like to see Nevermore headine PP. I flew to Seattle for the DVD shoot and sadly none of that footage actually made it on the DVD. The setlist was great and if they had even more time I'm sure they could have put together a very special set.

I don't mean to be a killjoy. And I mean no disrespect to the originator of the thread. But I find this question to be somewhat insensitive.

When I think back on my formative years -- for me, that would be high school -- and I consider the girlfriends I had, I remember there are a few who screwed me over. Even though that was 30 years ago, the memories are still vivid, and somewhat painful.

So, to me, when you ask, "Who would have a better chance at playing PPUSA?" and then you list the bands who, in some fashion, screwed Glenn over, I wonder how I would answer if the question were put to me:

"So, Bill, who would have a better chance at attending your birthday party?" and then you list Tracey, Melissa, Renee, and Mary as possible answers.

I would wince with each name.

And it would only get worse if people chimed in, "Melissa! Yeah, pick her!" or "Gotta be Tracey, man! C'mon! She was your first love!"

Now, I realize Glenn is a big boy. And I know full well that those bands are not old girlfriends, of his or mine.

But Glenn has made it clear numerous time that these bands are likely off limits -- and for very good reasons.

So, rather than dwell on those painful memories, I'd think focusing on bands who have not been given (and have blown) shots to play PPUSA, some numerous times, would be more productive.

And more fun. For all concerned.

Just my two cents.

Bill