whoa..."Amnesiac" is a great album

xfer said:
dude, you need to hit up some HTTT listens. like over and over.

Well, I did the over and over when it came out, then gave it a rest and started administering it again last week. I like some songs very much like "Sit Down. Stand Up" and "We Suck Young Blood" and maybe "Where I End and You Begin" and "Backdrifts", but it seems to me that most of the rest of the album is just fun rock'n'roll Bush-bashing (notice the alliteration), which IS catchy and fun, but not necessarily worthwhile.

I like the gimmick side of the album though.

i liked "We Suck Young Blood" a ton when the album first came out and even put it on the_preppy's mix, but now (after putting the album away and taking it out again several times) I think it's one of the worst songs on the album (still a great song, though).

2+2=5 is great, also...heck, all of them are. I try not to pay too close attention to Radiohead's lyrics because they tend to take away from the music so I didn't notice all the Bush bashing, but after a few more listens I'll start remembering the lyrics, probably.

Some are benefited from the better quality treatment (ie Myxomatosis). Some are made worse (Sit Down's Piano score was pushed way down in the mix + 12 seconds of beats added before piano enters). More layers added (don't really see them as necesssary yet).