Whoa, Gene, greedy Jew, Simmons, does have a heart: See!!!

Gibba said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wu

I agree with Gibba. There shouldn't even be a Kiss show for these people to go to. Kiss ended in 1996 after the first reunion dates.
Also, the greedy Jew thing is really lame. I know plenty of greedy people of all races, jackass.

If that's true then there shouldn't be an Anthrax show for us to go to as well....

That's fucking lame. The bottom line is this : Anthrax are a more potent creative force than they've ever been. Writing and performing with more passion, agression and craft than ever. Compare that to KISS. The last album they REALLY had was ALIVE II. That was in 1977! And even that was done in the studio, with Bob Kulick! It only even counts because we were all kids and in awe of them. I defy anyone to prove any different to me. What have they done that's worth anything since? Oh wait, I forgot about Hot In The Shade, Sorry.
just like guns n roses im afraid,there whole career was bulit off lies and appetite,kiss just got lucky!!!

and the refrence to there shouldnt be an anthrax show is a joke shut your mouth so the shit can stop running out,when has anthrax had a farewell tour and kept it going for the best part of a decade.

yeah i can see this thread going into how to be a rocket scientist next,and make sure we get all technically correct with our choice of words too,no shortcuts guys!

mrthrax said:
just like guns n roses im afraid,there whole career was bulit off lies and appetite,kiss just got lucky!!!

and the refrence to there shouldnt be an anthrax show is a joke shut your mouth so the shit can stop running out,when has anthrax had a farewell tour and kept it going for the best part of a decade.

No, KISS are different from GnR, you and I may have a different view on who is better, but KISS influenced a whole generation, and Paul and Gene have proven themselves to be two of the most prolific song writers in the history of US rock and roll.

Oh Gibba, So damn harsh man ! Kiss has pulled out some awsome shit
since 1977. Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer pushed KISS to a new place.
Both Revenge and Carnival of Souls kicked ass ! Big heavy chunk riffs galore.
But yes I do agree they've pushed the card too far now. Fuck it was us in
Australia who got shafted the worst ! Damn Farewell Tour - I paid over $300
for myself and my girl to see them a couple of years back. Then the rude pricks came back twice since, Gene flogged his spoken word tour + the book/ they did the Symphony and blessed my fair city of Brisbane once again a few weeks back. Now they're building.....wait for it.... " KISS WORLD" right here in Aussie. Fuck I've probably spent $10,000 buying every cd / vhs / book /
concert tickets. Now they want more. Bah ! He should fly me to the States for the hell of it and introduce me to Hugh and all the lovely playmates for all that ! But still Maximum Respect for all they've achieved ? Good luck to them.
If only my Beloved Anthrax would visit Down under as much.

Gibba said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wu

I agree with Gibba. There shouldn't even be a Kiss show for these people to go to. Kiss ended in 1996 after the first reunion dates.
Also, the greedy Jew thing is really lame. I know plenty of greedy people of all races, jackass.

If that's true then there shouldn't be an Anthrax show for us to go to as well....

That's fucking lame. The bottom line is this : Anthrax are a more potent creative force than they've ever been. Writing and performing with more passion, agression and craft than ever. Compare that to KISS. The last album they REALLY had was ALIVE II. That was in 1977! And even that was done in the studio, with Bob Kulick! It only even counts because we were all kids and in awe of them. I defy anyone to prove any different to me. What have they done that's worth anything since? Oh wait, I forgot about Hot In The Shade, Sorry.

Gibba, the bottom line is that you are stating an opinion, not a fact. A lot of people feel that Anthrax have gone downhill since thier glory days of the 80"s and use record sales to back thier opinions. Anthrax is not the same band they were back then and most certainly couldn't be considered thrash metal anymore.

Obvously a lot of KISS fans don't seem to mind seeing the new tours. They'll take any KISS they can get. I'm just pointing out that it's rediculous to say that there shouldn't be a KISS for fans to see, when Anthrax has gone through just as many lineup changes over the years, if not more.

For the record, I like the current Anthrax lineup the best, and I don't even like KISS, I was just playing Devil's Advocate....

BTW have you guys heard Asshole CD? It´s terrible, with an exception of the first song and the title track.
The story about the couple is nice though.

I don't know jack about KISS (knights in satan's service I heard, probably not true).
But I do know that letting those people go to that show specially is nice. But why the fuck do we kow the whole story??
I guess it's for us to see Gene in such a good light. It's pathetic, if I do something cool for someone, I don't need to run all over town telling people about it, waiting for their approval.

PHSYCO said:
Oh Gibba, So damn harsh man ! Kiss has pulled out some awsome shit
since 1977. Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer pushed KISS to a new place.
Both Revenge and Carnival of Souls kicked ass ! Big heavy chunk riffs galore.
But yes I do agree they've pushed the card too far now. Fuck it was us in
Australia who got shafted the worst ! Damn Farewell Tour - I paid over $300
for myself and my girl to see them a couple of years back. Then the rude pricks came back twice since, Gene flogged his spoken word tour + the book/ they did the Symphony and blessed my fair city of Brisbane once again a few weeks back. Now they're building.....wait for it.... " KISS WORLD" right here in Aussie. Fuck I've probably spent $10,000 buying every cd / vhs / book /
concert tickets. Now they want more. Bah ! He should fly me to the States for the hell of it and introduce me to Hugh and all the lovely playmates for all that ! But still Maximum Respect for all they've achieved ? Good luck to them.
If only my Beloved Anthrax would visit Down under as much.
They probably go back for all the hot chicks.

Yep, well we've sure got more than our fair share of them !
I was at a Kiss show back in 95 or something, for the Revenge tour.
They played "I just wanna " and somehow got like 10 or 15 hotties out of the crowd to stand on stage and strip throughout the song ! Oh Yeah - Not all bad when you're only a couple rows back. Lucky Bastards !

PHSYCO said:
Yep, well we've sure got more than our fair share of them !
I was at a Kiss show back in 95 or something, for the Revenge tour.
They played "I just wanna " and somehow got like 10 or 15 hotties out of the crowd to stand on stage and strip throughout the song ! Oh Yeah - Not all bad when you're only a couple rows back. Lucky Bastards !
Actually the song was " Take it Off " - easy to get mixed up seeing as 90% of their catalogue is all about sex. Are the days of being a sex crazed rocker all but gone ? You don't hear of those stories anymore ... I still live for the dream....one day....maybe ..... probably not.

PHSYCO said:
Actually the song was " Take it Off " - easy to get mixed up seeing as 90% of their catalogue is all about sex. Are the days of being a sex crazed rocker all but gone ? You don't hear of those stories anymore ... I still live for the dream....one day....maybe ..... probably not.

That's right. That was easily the best non-make-up tour. A statue of liberty whose face melted off, then flipped the crowd off, and strippers.

I've seen em on the 3d tour, one of my best live shows ever, 1000% pure entertainment!!

"Gene and Paul I hate you most of all, Ace, youre the ace and Peter, youre the cat!!!"No Use For a Name tribute to the GODS of R&R

i just went and saw kiss on july 4th and saw gene perform two acts of amazing humility (from a relative point of view)

1 - during the finale, when they were all bowing, gene had been off talking with one of the fans in the front row for minute or two and pail, "ace", and "peter" were out front doing their bow thing, and when gene realized he was ignoring the other guys he sheepishly ran over to join the group - might sound simple, but it showed a different side of him than you usually see

2 - during "god gave rock and roll to you" *blech* there was a part where the music stops and paul called for the parents to hold up their kids (couldnt help but think of michael jackson during this part) and gene was continually getting the cameramans attention pointing out kids to get on camera - pretty damn cool imo

my opinion of gene went through the roof based on those two things - say what you will about him moneygrubbing, the guy is a good guy (no worse than howard stern anyways)

Gene was pointing out the kids because he saw potential future revenue streams. Tomorrows crucial 18-25 spending demographic. God gave rock n roll to you is totally GLAY. That's gay, but more.