Whoa, Gene, greedy Jew, Simmons, does have a heart: See!!!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
From genesimmons.com

Gene,

Im sorry to say there will be 2 empty seats in the front row (sec 4) at tonights show in Minneapolis (Somerset, WI).

My husband has been over in Iraq and Egypt for the past 13 months. He was heart broken when he missed the Kiss/Aero tour last year. It was the first tour he has missed since the Asylum tour. When I found out that he would finally be home on June 25, I knew KISS would be less than 200 miles away, the very next day...i ran and got the amazing tickets. I was looking forward to seeing him get off that plane at the airport, but I was also looking forward to seeing the look on his face when he saw the tickets.
I got a call this last Thursday, that the USAF delayed the return of the unit for 2 days. So here I sit, just over an hour away from showtime and without my husband and without KISS. Tommorow, he will be home...but KISS wont be here.
The point of this letter will probably go unheard but I need to ask you as a KISS fan and the wife of a man that literally has KISS inked in his body and is a part of his soul............please, please, please come back to Minnesota or Iowa before the end of this tour. Dan has very few heros he looks up to......Gene Simmons and Eric Singer are 2 of them. Hes given up so much over the last year, I just wanted to start paying him back for how proud he has made me.

Thank You Gene
Shurie G

Response from Gene:

Please tell your husband that I will be proud to fly you both in to an upcoming KISS concert. And believe me, it's my pleasure.

People can say what they want about Gene's greed... but he is the personification of the American dream. He came here broke as a kid, and busted his ass for success.

I don't think he's exactly the PR type. I know of two charities to which he's contributed large sums, but asked them not to mention his name. He spends a lot of time, well not bashing, but questioning organized religion, but by his own admission he lives by the "and let the left hand know not what the right hand does" when it comes to charity.

Good for Gene. I hope he comes through for the couple.

Ya know. When I first saw this thread I was gonna jump all over it with my usual pointless dribble and banter. But I might let this one go.......
Then again just cause he's a jew doesnt make him a lowl ife kike ( is that how ya spell it) I mean he did do a great job in that Rutger Hower movie Wanted dead or alive.
Fuck the bonus!

He's a big douche. The biggest act of charity he could perform, is to just stop. Please Gene, for the sake of all who once loved you. Stop writing shitty books, stop pontificating in such a self righteous manner on every subject going, and mostly stop touring with that piece of shit band you're trying to pass off as KISS. All i know is that i have never seen a picture of Ace Frehley dressed up as Tommy Thayer. Lame.

He's not gonna stop because people keep spending money. If you don't want to see them tour in this incarnation, don't buy a ticket. Don't buy his book. Don't read what he has to say. Nobody is forcing you .

Scott

Johnny Ace said:
People can say what they want about Gene's greed... but he is the personification of the American dream. He came here broke as a kid, and busted his ass for success.

I don't think he's exactly the PR type. I know of two charities to which he's contributed large sums, but asked them not to mention his name. He spends a lot of time, well not bashing, but questioning organized religion, but by his own admission he lives by the "and let the left hand know not what the right hand does" when it comes to charity.

Good for Gene. I hope he comes through for the couple.

I've said that for years. I have an article about "rockers with degrees" I keep framed in my classroom that is all about Gene and Tom Morello. I also quote Gene's statements about drugs and booze to my students all the time. It's just fun to call him a greedy Jew because KISS 2004: "One fat jew, one fruity booty, and two scabs!"And yes, that is what my shirt will say when I go to the shows this summer.
:err:

I agree with Gibba. There shouldn't even be a Kiss show for these people to go to. Kiss ended in 1996 after the first reunion dates.
Also, the greedy Jew thing is really lame. I know plenty of greedy people of all races, jackass.

I went to the Minneapolis/Somerset show and enjoyed it. It wasn't great by any means, but hell, they played Parasite and War Machine.

I had one huge problem with this show and that is the $120 seats for the first 20 rows. If it isn't bad enough, those people who bought those seats got "Gold Circle" shirts and walked around all night like a bunch of snobs. This is just wrong that a band would milk this kind of money off it's fans. The thing I thought was even worse about this is that there was a 20-25 foot gap between those seats and the next level of seats ($60) and then another large gap with a railing barrier between those and the lawn seat/general admission.

thats cool didnt gene's solo album just come out lol, i just hate it when people blame tommy thayer and the drummer for wearing original members make up,if u aint happy with it point the blame towards gene and paul they are ones responsible,those hired guns are just doing there job for fuck sake!

Mr. Wu said:
I agree with Gibba. There shouldn't even be a Kiss show for these people to go to. Kiss ended in 1996 after the first reunion dates.
Also, the greedy Jew thing is really lame. I know plenty of greedy people of all races, jackass.
First off:
Why shouldn't there be a KISS show?? If you don't want to go, don't go. Simple, really.
Second. Where did I say Jewish= greedy. You implied that my friend. I could have said : "greedy caucasion, greedy african-american, greedy whatever." I just mentioned that he is indeed Jewish, and is, for all of our jokes and what not, greedy (he does like his money). He could have been any ethnicity and equaled greedy in the context of my post. Does it matter?? I said everything half-heartedly, seeing how I am going to 2 shows thus far 2004. Let's move on.

Mr. Wu said:
If that's true then there shouldn't be an Anthrax show for us to go to as well....

jdelpi said:
Agreed. If Ty is happy seeing the lineup of Kiss, why should anyone stop him?

I'd like to go, but I can't afford tickets. I don't really have a problem with Eric and Tommy being in the band. I just wish they weren't charging so damn much for tickets. But people are obviously buying them, so I will just stay home instead. But at least I don't have to hear Poison! :headbang:

Scott

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wu

If that's true then there shouldn't be an Anthrax show for us to go to as well....

That's fucking lame. The bottom line is this : Anthrax are a more potent creative force than they've ever been. Writing and performing with more passion, agression and craft than ever. Compare that to KISS. The last album they REALLY had was ALIVE II. That was in 1977! And even that was done in the studio, with Bob Kulick! It only even counts because we were all kids and in awe of them. I defy anyone to prove any different to me. What have they done that's worth anything since? Oh wait, I forgot about Hot In The Shade, Sorry.