WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

madgirl

Real World's Mad Girl
That was one gig more than worth waiting for :D

After sitting through 3 other bands -
Evil scarecrow who were kind of comedy but ended their set with an awesome version of "the final Countdown".
The Prophecy - who had a kind of anathema feel and rather liked!
Four way kill who were real heavy blasting metal.

And then finally 54

Totally amazing - so worth waiting for.

Lots of death stuff.
Despite some real friday the 13th crap with equipment - and a scary black out when 4way kill were playing, it sounded great, looked great and rocked HEAVY. Even though the stage was on the V small side!

Steve really made his vocal presence felt - with the first two tracks being
The face of all your fears and Cancer of the mind.

Then into "Beckoning of the end" - whoooo - shivers!

then a nice new track - "My hate".

And then "In my blood. "

Losing grip was awesome - and we were treated to Lakis on keyboards :D

They finally ended on "Terminal Spirit Disease" which i believe was a cover of an at the gates song!

Would have loved more but time waits for no man :(

Pretty good crowd -and they seemed to be responding!
The band looked like they were havin a good time so i guess that always helps!

I am going to ache and be knackered tomorrow but it was worth it!

I totally can not wait for the new album - and new gigs!!!!

(It was great to catch up with some old faces!! Even though there were also one or two missing - Tonio - we missed ya duck - but i am sure you had a good time)

Bed awaits me ...

Cheerio

wooooow! What a gig huh?

Im sooo extremely impressed with the band!! Hearing the new stuff live, just makes you love it even more! It sounded sooo very good!! It was an extremely good set list! I loved every minute of it!

I had such a good time, the drive up was entertaining, the gig was fucking amazing, and i fell asleep on the way home, so cant say much about that bit! It was also good to see some of you lot!

Ive been to a lot of 54 gigs, and for a band that haven't played in just under a year - they sounded amazing! Well done guys!!

Roll on the next gig :headbang:

I wet myself. Twice.

My legs were shaking, I was throwing myself around like such a fool! And every song was excellently played. If I was standing a bit further back, I would have had more sound clarity, sure, but I wasn't gonna move from front/centre for NO MAN! It's been so long, and it was the best 54 gig I've been to. Maybe because I had to wait, maybe because they were headlining AND had perfect sound. Maybe it's because Rob's drum kit turns into an enormous robot transformer. I JUST DONT KNOW. Whatever it was, I had such a good time. Losing grip and My Hate sound so great live, and so did Beckoning of the End (it tore my neck off!) In My Blood sounded like an old classic, like it'd been played hundreds of times live. It was just superb.

Bring on more gigs, I can't EVER wait that long again!

[Edit] It was excellent to see all the fifty-fornicators (yes, just invented it) again!

Have to agree with all that has been said so far...
stood back a bit so i got a good sound and have to say it was very good, (think Lakis was worrying a bit about that but he certainly didn't have to, cause the guitar sounds shredded!). My hate was awesome so was Beckoning and In may blood... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
awesome....bass was spot on (bouncy Laura :wave: ) and yes have to agree with Son of Metalman that drum kit is looking great.
Hey Steve did you really have the jitters... it certainly didn't show. Vocals onthe tracks you did were superb and as mentioned above guitars shredded the night! rock on all definately 9/10

So when am i gonna here you guys (and of course the lovely Laura who has joined the red headed gang...all hail people with true red hair!!! ie ME! :hotjump: :hotjump: ) do a cover of a Megadeth song?? (hey they threatened to do a Busted song! )
'thats what i go to school for,
to shag the PE teacher'

ha ha ha ha !!! see it might be worth doing just for the sing-a-long fun element.

think that kind of thing would have gone down a treat at last nights gig seeing the cliental there!
My neck hurts and i am knackered today, but what is the time 12.20.... oh dear can't be that bad (er... Pub) eh guys and girls!!

A big thanks to metalman for the lift.... :worship: :worship: sorry if i kept dosing off but am knackered.

Hi all who were there, nice to see some of you after a long wait, really nearly two years! ( hey Madgirl enough of the Old faces he he he he he .......i think i am doing well, okay i looked like death warmed up today but thats understandable after only 3 hours plus sleep!!). All the more reason to get supporting the 54 so we can see them on more tours.

As some of you guessed i am beginning to appreciate the Kill...an awesome band and very much in the heavy vein i like.
Prophecy...well i have to say that sound dosen't do much for me, good at what they do but not my scene. (but not knocking them as it did sound ok)
Scarecrow were fun and as madgirl says the rendition of Final Countdown was brilliant fun.
But all worth a listen.

points to note. bring nappy for sam :D honest he didn't smell to bad on way home!! he he.. you know i jest
don't let pissed up bloke at bar tell me he thinks Fourwaykill are shit! er ....get a life or stop drinking dude! honest i didn't really understand a single word he said after that!!!

off to bed now as must sleep..... anyhow maybe see soem of you quicker than last time...Charlotte turn up at the pub,it's good fun!!

all the best to all
pete

Top gig, great sound, loved losing grip.
Steve always has the jitters but shouldn't worry he always pulls it off, ooer missus.
Metal is indeed forever.
headbob.gif
headbob.gif

We had to leave early cos we were parked in a place that shut at 1am. Sounds like we only missed 1 song, though. Pity it was a good one. At least we got to hear the new stuff.
Andy (new here):wave:

gutted, i had no clue th prophecy were supportin :( sounds like i missed a blinder but travellin from one end of the country 2th otha on my tod was a definate no. hey, how about th next one is a little lower? please? would be kool2catch up wiv u all again, roll on

Madgirl how could i forget.... hail to the red :headbang:
Don't think your boyfriend would like me starring at your eyebrows! :erk:
isn't there a law about that kind of thing anyhow :D

welcome Andy :hotjump: