Who's balls would you like to smash?

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
So many bands were once great and now have completely run out of gas. The singer has turned into a jerk, the guitarist sucks or WHATEVER...which of your alltime favorite bands or heroes has let you down and deserves a smash in the balls with a 9 pound hammer?!?!

Here's mine:

Guns N Roses

I was gonna say just AXL but I'll include the whole band sparing IZZY. (I love the Ju Ju Hounds stuff) Axl is self explanatory but even Slash and co. can't seem to put out an album fit to wipe your ass with since leaving the GNR fold.

These guys were my favorite band from about 88 to 1992. They were the best. With the release of the GREATEST HITS I was reminded of how great they were...(thanks SIXXSWINE for a copy!) But I was also saddened by how they'll never reach that level again. Even if Chinese Democracy EVER comes out I don't think I'll care. I'll buy it....USED.

Let's hear your picks for SUCKFEST 2004!
Smash some balls!
ted

gnr have to be my pick too...
the problem i'm having at the mo is there are too many british bands around that cant even get to the being great stage to then go in decline.dont know if its the same in the states,but bands over here-some people use the words "screamo emo"to describe them,are just shit from the beginning.at least ratt,dokken,gnr et al were good at some point in thier career!

slayer, I dont know why some people like the new stuff, it is pretty much garbage.

Maybe its all the bad influence they get from touring with the pop rock gang.

Metallica
Megadeth
Def Leppard
Iron Maiden
Skid Row
Yngwie Malmsteen (and I still keep buying his damned albums)
Rush

And unless the next album is really good:

Helloween
Judas Priest
Dream Theater (they already deserve some hammering)
Sinergy

baldyboy said:
gnr have to be my pick too...
the problem i'm having at the mo is there are too many british bands around that cant even get to the being great stage to then go in decline.dont know if its the same in the states,but bands over here-some people use the words "screamo emo"to describe them,are just shit from the beginning.at least ratt,dokken,gnr et al were good at some point in thier career!

Baldy ol boy that describes just about every band in Vermont! I'v never heard the term "screamo emo" but it sounds about right

Bands that suck bigtime today:

SLAYER
GUNS N ROSES
METALLICA (that one is soooooo obvious though)
DREAM THEATER (they don´t really deserve the term "suck" but the last album was soooooo disappointing)
MÖTLEY CRÜE
MEGADETH (Risk = BARF)
IN FLAMES

AngelWitch73 said:
Bands that suck bigtime today:

SLAYER

MAN! Am I the only person (along with Plan13) that likes "God Hates Us All"!!!??? I thought it was a killer album, I just don't get why people didn't like it. It's way better than any of their 90's garbage, their best since "South Of Heaven" in my opinion.

With the big 2 (Metallica and Anthrax) totaly dropping the ball and now sucking balls, it's nice to see that Slayer, Testament and Exodus are back on the right track and keeping it alive.

Greeno said:
MAN! Am I the only person (along with Plan13) that likes "God Hates Us All"!!!??? I thought it was a killer album, I just don't get why people didn't like it. It's way better than any of their 90's garbage, their best since "South Of Heaven" in my opinion.
What I really don´t like about that album is the vocals and the overall sound of it.

Oh yeah, and I want to include ANTHRAX whom I had left off my list previously but most certainly deserve their balls and heads crushed.

Greeno said:
MAN! Am I the only person (along with Plan13) that likes "God Hates Us All"!!!???

Nope, you are not the only person who likes GHUA ....I like it too!

delize said:
Nope, you are not the only person who likes GHUA ....I like it too!

COOL! Finally, another fan. :) I'm surprised at how much shit is talked about that album..... to each his own, but I think it's fantastic!

Gene Simmons. I can't stand him. Every decision he has made in the last 6 years or so has just turned KISS more and more into a joke and is tarnishing their unreal legacy. Up until about 1995 I would easily say Kiss were undoubtedly the best hard rock band of all time and I loved everything they did almost. But since the Reunion Tour they've just done all the things they said they DIDN'T wanna do on videos like Xtreme.

What happened to "We're proud of our past and we wanna live up to it, but we have no intentions of living off it." And of course "KISS is a rock & roll band and I don't think that goes hand in hand with family entertainment."

Well back in the early '90s when they said that stuff their heads were in the right spot. How come the last 7 years all they have done is lived off their past and been a nostalgia act that IS a family attraction?

And putting people in original members' makeup is ridiculous. I mean fuck, I'd rather see Eric Singer than Peter Criss anyday (and these days I'd rather see Tommy Thayer, being a Black N Blue fan, than Ace Frehley as well), but DON'T DRESS THEM UP AS ACE & PETER! I don't wanna see Eric pretend to be Peter, I wanna see Eric! And I don't wanna see Tommy playing Ace's style and doing Ace's moves. I wanna see Tommy playing his own style.

When Eric Carr, Eric Singer, Vinnie Vincent, Bruce Kulick etc all originally joined the band they were seen as a new member who brought something new of their own to the KISS sound. Why can't Tommy do that too? And why can't Eric Singer keep doing that? It's fucking stupid to just make them copy Ace & Peter because they aren't Ace & Peter. KISS isn't a tribute band and they should be moving FORWARD and not hiring people to pay tribute to ex-members.

And I blame 90% of all this on Gene Simmons as well because since the Reunion he has been the prime decision maker in the band and has been running their affairs. And also I know that Paul Stanley's heart is with rock & roll not money. Though he loves money alot as well, being famous and having money to him as he has said just means he can forget worrying about money and live his dream rock & roll lifestyle to the full. To Gene Simmons though he doesn't care about that, he just uses his money to make more money, he is a businessman.

During the non-makeup era when Gene was off making movies and running his record label and Paul was running the show with KISS, they were at their best I think. They were moving forward, they had a great sound, he was the focus of the band, the songs were better, the musicianship was better, the stageshows each year had something new and different and they were progressing and keeping fresh with the current hard rock styles while still being 100% rock & roll and 100% KISS. Now that Gene is the man making the decisions, it's all "let's try to recapture Destroyer & Love Gun for the rest of our career coz thats all the fans want". YEAH RIGHT.

But I do have to say, regardless of all that, I will still always go see KISS when they come out because unlike most bands their age, they will always guarantee a great show. I don't care that they wear wigs on stage - I mean if you go see a rock & roll show, would you rather see big black hair, makeup & leather put on a big show, or would you rather see balding grey haired guys with wrinkles "having a jam"? I'll take the first one. So good on 'em for still delivering a big show instead of putting on the kind of shows bands like Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, and even Van Halen when Gary was singing etc put on these days which are boring as hell!

Wow, Gene has even gotten on the nerves of Trixx?!
I see what you mean. For me the last straw was the Symphony thing.
It was something that everyone could have lived without.
Gene's solos disc has sparked some interest, for me. I'm thinking I must get
it just for the hell of it.

AngelWitch73 said:
Oh yeah, and I want to include ANTHRAX whom I had left off my list previously but most certainly deserve their balls and heads crushed.
Damn right, Anthrax should have be in my list too.

Metallica... it's simple, they were a progressive thrash band that sold out their "core" audience for a younger one to make more money.

Kiss - for the long reply Trix made. Kiss really screwed Bruce Kulick and Bruce gave them the best years of his life.

Tesla - this band was amazing their first two albums then just couldn't write songs up to that calibur anymore. : /

I could name some others that have fallen off heavily that would include almost any band from the 80's (less Testament and Exodus.) Few bands can retain their creative well for ten years.

Bryant