Who's buying Take Cover?

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
take-cover.jpg

I'll buy the day it's released. Saw them open for Sabbath last month and they played "Welcome to the Machine" and did an awesome job with it. Love the sax.

Most covers suck, IMO. However, Tesla reversed that trend with their covers set earlier this year & I suspect QR's will be just as strong.

I'll buy the day it's released. Saw them open for Sabbath last month and they played "Welcome to the Machine" and did an awesome job with it. Love the sax.

Most covers suck, IMO. However, Tesla reversed that trend with their covers set earlier this year & I suspect QR's will be just as strong.

You should really look into picking up Frankie Banali's 24/7/365....
I'm getting this on release date as well...

If it's cheap, I'll probably cave in and buy it. The cover of Neon Knights was awesome. Welcome to the Machine (album version) is pretty good too.

I wish they'd have stuck to more metal tracks like Neon Knights (perhaps a priest cover?) rather than Buffalo Springfield and U2.

This isn't worth it at all...I haven't heard any Queensryche after "Hear in the Now Frontier," which I found to be bad, but man, has Geoff Tate lost all ability to emote? I'm listening to that stream now; a nasaly, robotic rendition of Innuendo has just left me completely baffled as to why they even bothered to record it.

It's on Neon Knights now, and while the song of course rocks (it's freakin' Neon Knights!), it seems that with age Tate's voice has just become LAUGHABLY nasal. It sounds like Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force is singing Dio's part! :lol:

I have a feeling I won't like what they'll be doing with the amazing "Red Rain" by Peter Gabriel...

EDIT:
It's on the Police cover now...WHY?

It's on Neon Knights now, and while the song of course rocks (it's freakin' Neon Knights!), it seems that with age Tate's voice has just become LAUGHABLY nasal.

One thing I caught after listening to Neon Knights was Geoff can't sing the letter "I". That vowel is noticeably nasily. Usually his A's and E's are powerful, but his I's don;t have the same conviction and power.

I will download it first, and then make my decision. I will probably buy it just because it's QR. The cover art is cool though....first time I'm seeing it.

I don't buy cover cds for the most part. As far as seeing them live, I only go with my wife, because she's still a big fan. They lost me after Q2K. I've seen the Mindcrime concerts (again, with my wife), but in my eyes, they're done.

I know I never have to twist your arm to get an honest answer...:lol:
I agree they are done. I will however be getting this disc...
Ryche is all about compilation records, live records, live dvd's and recycling old storylines... I think that's a sign that the well has run dry...
They actually lost me after Promised Land...
I'll admit I picked up Q2K and Tribe with high hopes...:erk:

I think that's a sign that the well has run dry...

Mindcrime II set a very good pace and returned the band to form. I think Stone's playing and writing is more in tune with the QR of old, so he just may breath new life into Queensryche. They're releasing a new album next year, so we'll have to see if they maintain the momentum of MCII or release another HINTF/Q2K/Tribe.

Mindcrime II set a very good pace and returned the band to form. I think Stone's playing and writing is more in tune with the QR of old, so he just may breath new life into Queensryche. They're releasing a new album next year, so we'll have to see if they maintain the momentum of MCII or release another HINTF/Q2K/Tribe.

i like HITNF, Q2K and TRIBE. i think the ew album will be more like that. tate was talking about how different the new album will be though so who knows

MC II was good but it didn't meet the hype, even with Dio...
When I bought the DVD for Live @ The Moore I skipped to the DVD with the RJD performance, he wasn't into it, at least it didn't appear to me...
:puke:Not another Tribe or Q2K please....

I know I never have to twist your arm to get an honest answer...:lol:
I agree they are done. I will however be getting this disc...
Ryche is all about compilation records, live records, live dvd's and recycling old storylines... I think that's a sign that the well has run dry...
They actually lost me after Promised Land...
I'll admit I picked up Q2K and Tribe with high hopes...:erk:

I thought Promised Land was good, but you could see the tide turning with the success of "Silent Lucidity"...they got their taste of big time success, and started taking themselves way too seriously and the music has suffered in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I have always thought the (original) line-up are stellar musicians, and I do enjoy the earlier material, but after Degarmo left the band, something is lacking.

If I were them, I would stop touring for a while, lay off the OMC milking (it's been way overdone the last couple of years/tours) and really take the time and concentrate on the new material. And Mike Stone needs to lose the fuckin' mohawk, he looks like a dork.

This just looks completely pointless. I hate these cash-in covers album.