Who's going to SLAYER / ARCH ENEMY?

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
Man ... oh man! I cannot wait for this tour. Arch Enemy will be handed a nice Slayer, Slayer, Slayer chant during their performance :tickled: ... just like every opening band that has ever opened for them. As much as I like them and cannot wait to see Angela in the flesh ... I want them to be booed off ... it's some sick perverted thing I have against any band that opens for Slayer.

And Slayer playing RIB in its entirety ... :OMG:

Can't wait for the 18th at Roseland ... anyone else going?

I might be going to one of the Los Angeles shows, not sure just yet though. I've seen Slayer plenty of times so I won't cry if I miss them, even if they do play all of RIB.

Everyone should see Slayer at least once in concert, by the way.

I saw Slayer supporting Maiden at Metal 2000 :) my first Metal concert ever, o the memories!

A Slayer/Arch Enemy tour would be luscious over here, but I don't think there's anywhere in my town that's capable/willing to book Slayer! :tickled: :cry:

Yes, yes, and yes. This will be my third time seeing Slayer. The last time I saw them, Dave Lombardo hadn't gone anywhere, heh.

And I will boo nobody - except maybe Hatebreed. :D

Here's the current setlist mofo's:

Fight Until Death - Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits - Hell Awaits
At Dawn They Sleep - Hell Awaits
South Of Heaven - South of Heaven
Mandatory Suicide - South of Heaven
War Ensemble - Seasons in the Abyss
Dead Skin Mask - Seasons in the Abyss
Stain Of Mind - Diabolus in Musica
Disciple - God Hates Us All
God Send Death - God Hates Us All
Payback - God Hates Us All
Angel Of Death - without
Piece By Piece - doubt
Necrophobic - one
Altar Of Sacrafice - of
Jesus Saves - the
Criminally Insane - greatest
Reborn - thrash / metal
Epidemic - albums
Postmortem - ever
Raining Blood - !

As ridiculously selfish as this sounds, I was really hoping for something like Chemical Warfare which they used to end their shows with. Or anything from Haunting the Chapel - I've been listening to that quite a bit recently, but my goodness, starting the show with a track from Show No Mercy? Altogether now..."ooooh".

Today's math lesson:

Seasons in the Abyss > Reign In Blood
The Antichrist > every other Slayer song

Still debating on going to the show... probably should for a setlist like that. Last time I saw Slayer they didn't seem very amped, I think it was the last show on the tour too.

Fight Until Death - Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits - Hell Awaits
At Dawn They Sleep - Hell Awaits
South Of Heaven - South of Heaven
Mandatory Suicide - South of Heaven
War Ensemble - Seasons in the Abyss
Dead Skin Mask - Seasons in the Abyss
Stain Of Mind - Diabolus in Musica
Disciple - God Hates Us All
God Send Death - God Hates Us All
Payback - God Hates Us All
Angel Of Death - without
Piece By Piece - doubt
Necrophobic - one
Altar Of Sacrafice - of
Jesus Saves - the
Criminally Insane - greatest
Reborn - thrash / metal
Epidemic - albums
Postmortem - ever
Raining Blood - !
SLAYER !!!!!!!!

As ridiculously selfish as this sounds, I was really hoping for something like Chemical Warfare which they used to end their shows with.
I am pissed about Chemical Warfare too ... but shit the entire RIB with Lombardo ... I am bringing a fresh set of underwear ... AGHHH!

Yep, nobody likes me Slayer rankings, here's another one to confound everyone and have them hurl stones at my dome:

Reign In Blood < Seasons in the Abyss < Divine Intervention

:wave:

NAD said:
Yep, nobody likes me Slayer rankings, here's another one to confound everyone and have them hurl stones at my dome:

Reign In Blood < Seasons in the Abyss < Divine Intervention

:wave:
Someone call the doctor...no wait, for the love of all that is unholy, call Max von Sydow for an emergency exorcism.

Note: Slayer choose nothing from Divine Intervention for their set list. NOTHING. And the fans thank them for it.

I understand that everyone thinks my list is skewed, but man, NOBODY gives Divine Intervention any credit! Come on, Sex. Murder. Art., Fictional Reality, and the title track are genius!

Actually there are 1 or 2 songs that kind of lag on Divine, so my current list is:

1. Seasons
2. Reign in Blood
2. Divine Intervention
3. Show No Mercy
4. South of Heaven
12. Hell Awaits
10,471,926. God Hates Us All
10,471,927. Diabolus in Musica

(thanks to Erik for letting me cop his ranking system :p )

That shit doesn't count (4 short songs for full price??? F that), but it would probably be somewhere between South of Heaven and Hell Awaits. Chemical Warfare is pretty cool though.

I would go:

#1 Reign in Blood
#2 South of Heaven
#3 Seasons in the Abyss

The rest would be all mixed up, and I've never even heard God or Diabolus.

Dead Skin Mask was the first Slayer song I ever heard, I used to listen to it over and over again. Sometimes I still do.

Diabolus and GHUA have their merits, but neither are very good. Diabolus was pretty trendy and has a few decent songs; GHUA is completely manic and the artwork is about as blasphemous as it gets, but only Payback is worth listening to.

Everyone I've heard calls GHUA the trendy one, but Diabolus is much more so as far as I'm concerned.

NAD said:
That shit doesn't count (4 short songs for full price??? F that)
You can get it with the CD version of Live Undead...and if I wanted I could be pedantic and point out that the fourth song Aggressive Perfector isn't actually part of the EP ;)

Maybe I have it then, I have Live Undead but I don't think I've ever listened to it. Of course there's about 12 versions of each album from Slayer, so who knows?