who's going to what US shows??

flyergirl said:
First time posting but I wanted to get this out...

I got an email today from one of the band members(he is an old friend) telling me that it looks like none of the US shows will be happening, due to problems getting visa's.
This sucks as I had already bought my plane ticket for Dallas ( I live in L.A.) and was planning to fly out to see and see the show there.

I hope this is not the case and somehow they manage to do some of the shows but I wanted to let everyone know as it's been talked about alot here.

If what your saying is true and you do know a member of the band, it doesn't surprise me...but it is an awful shame. Guess I will have to wait for their next album and the accompanying tour sometime in 2007. :cry:

Golden_Goose said:
Me too!

I'm going to both the PA & NJ shows:headbang: 1 Saxon show isn't enough:D

I'm wearing a black Saxon shirt so look for me and we'll have a beer:cool:

Ok,so we're looking for a guy wearing a Saxon shirt.Should be easy! LOLo_O

Sorry Goose,I couldn't resist.We're holding rollcall at D.D.'S:wave:
It's Y&T at Dingbatz all over again!:hotjump:

Where did ya'll see that the Texas shows were cancelled?

I am planning on going to the San Antonio gig.....

unable to find tickets???????????

coldrumdrink said:

someone on this message board heard that ALL the shows MAY be cancelled. it's not unlikely, but then again seems like 4 of the original shows still may happen...who knows

coldrumdrink said:

This website is not up-to-date.The san Antonio gig was for sale through www.ticketweb.com at first,then they stopped selling them,then it was wiped off their site like it never existed..Checkout www.ticketmaster.com,they had the Dallas show for sale,that too was cancelled.

saxonfan said:
This website is not up-to-date.The san Antonio gig was for sale through www.ticketweb.com at first,then they stopped selling them,then it was wiped off their site like it never existed..Checkout www.ticketmaster.com,they had the Dallas show for sale,that too was cancelled.

None of those sites or Saxon's tour page site is up to date. Double DDs really doesn't know until the last minute. I remember by cousin was trying to go to a Saxon gig back during the Killing Ground tour or one of those in 2001 I think...anyway the show was scheduled in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh and he was going to see both, he even had a confirmation from the venue 24 hours before but about 12 hours before the show he called and was informed they cancelled. So I don't think I'd trust any of the venues to tell you if they are really gonna play or not. Only Saxon knows if they're really gonna come. If they do, it'll be one damn fast tour they'll fly in on the 3rd probably, and fly out on the 9th. 5 1/2 days is one short fu*kin tour!

Enjoy the Saxon-shows in the USA. Don't forget this: If in case there should come a world-wide bird-virus-pandemic a lot more borders will be closed in the world ...certainly the USA-borders.. So I ask all USA Saxon fans to take this opportunity to see Saxon.. (This is seriously meant..) You people deserve a band like saxon and of course all those heavymetal kids in Canada too.

Heavy Mettle said:
Not all venues use Ticketmaster.You really need to check websites of the venues.

I called DD's and the guy said the show is still on.

I went to the website of one of the bands and it says that that date is cancelled so I guess the band (operatika) pulled out.

Golden_Goose said:
I called DD's and the guy said the show is still on.

I went to the website of one of the bands and it says that that date is cancelled so I guess the band (operatika) pulled out.

Operatika pulled out some time ago, way before the cancellations in Texas were anounced, due to "personal reasons". I don't think it is related to the show in Morristown being cancelled... which will probably be anyway, to be honest with you.

Cruzado said:
Operatika pulled out some time ago, way before the cancellations in Texas were anounced, due to "personal reasons". I don't think it is related to the show in Morristown being cancelled... which will probably be anyway, to be honest with you.

So, after all this travail the cities we are left with are; Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Allentown, and Morristown. Unless someone has $500 lying around for airfare, and some extra vacation time, most of the country will be unable to see the boys this time around because all five shows are within ~800 miles of each other in one section of the country. So, if you live west of the Mississippi, or south of the VA border, you're basically screwed unless you wanna drive 600 miles...oh well, until next time I suppose.

Oh...and a visual on this
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I doubt that the above gigs will ever take place. However, some form of update (from anyone!!!!) would be appreciated. I have e-mailed their management, their webmaster and the web master at Nigel Locker’s site. The only one who responded was Wouter (The Saxon site webmaster) and he stated that as far as he knew the gigs were a go. However, no tickets are available anywhere and the venue doesn't even seem to know who Saxon is or that they are planning on playing there..

So far I am out the cost of the hotel room (I booked at the lowest possible "Non Cancellable" price) here in San Antonio that I had near the Sunken Gardens and also the airfare and hotel (again both non-refundable for the same reason) for the Dallas show.

Had I been informed of the cancellations earlier, I may have at least stood a chance of a partial refund...

Nice....