• Deicide

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Entombed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Onan
markgugs, being a Maiden fan, YOU are the one not qualified to judge if they're going stale or not. And they definately are...

Oh, I guess you told me. Bzzzt! Wrong! Sorry, try again!

ONLY a Maiden fan would be able to say if the band has gone stale, a true fan that is. And simply saying "And they definately are..." is not a reason just because you say it is.

Originally posted by markgugs
Well then, you're not really qualified to consider Maiden stale then, are you? :)

I can still appreciate when a band is good, even if they're not my thing. They've certainly gone downhill, although perhaps not stale.

Fair enough, and it'd be hard for me to disagree with the downhill theory. They are after all quite old and have certainly had their best days. I still hold out for one last great hurrah before it's time to call it a career.

My problem with God Hates Us All is the vocals... I seriously can't even listen to that album, the vocals seriously piss me off that much... I love black/death vocals and clean singing, however I can't fucking stand screaming, it's really annoying to me...

However I have to say that Bloodline is fucking killer... \m/

Hehe, I hate Tom's vocals, God Hates Us All is the only Slayer album I own because it's the only one that I can tolerate his singing on. I prefer screaming and visceral aggressive/clean singing to the tuneless, effortless yelling he usually employs. The main reason I absolutely cannot stand any of their earlier albums.

Okay I don't like CC or much on that list period but really the list of who's gone stale stretches way back:
Metallica
Kiss
INXS (hello? The singer is dead!!)
The Doors (again, see above)

The list is endless. These newer bands are like one hit album wonders and the big labels keep cranking out the junk. Their all stale these days after 2 years. Sad state of affairs for any underground music scene.

Anyone thinking Slayer,Napalm or Corpse are "stale" need to get new hearing aids.Throughout their respective careers, they have never failed to create awsome songs and albums.Go back to fucking bedrock you fucking knuckle-draggers.

Iron Maiden definitely. They haven't put out anything frefreshing since Peice of Mind, IMO.

I happen to have liked God Hates Us All... and all of the other Slayer releases, but yeah, they could use a little creativity...

Deicide has bored me since Legions, and I've never been into Cannibal much. I've always considered that stuff Mallcore. :heh:

With the exception of Entombed, I don't think ANY of the bands listed have done a damn thing to further their own musical horizons, or that of their fans.

Originally posted by markgugs
Oh, I guess you told me. Bzzzt! Wrong! Sorry, try again!

ONLY a Maiden fan would be able to say if the band has gone stale, a true fan that is. And simply saying "And they definately are..." is not a reason just because you say it is.

They've been doing the same thing for....what? twenty-something years? that's definately going stale!
and being a maiden fanboy doesn't make you qualified for judging whether they're going stale or not, as you won't be judgemental of their work and therefore won't be able to see its shortcomings.

Originally posted by xenophobe
Iron Maiden definitely. They haven't put out anything frefreshing since Peice of Mind, IMO.

I happen to have liked God Hates Us All... and all of the other Slayer releases, but yeah, they could use a little creativity...

Deicide has bored me since Legions, and I've never been into Cannibal much. I've always considered that stuff Mallcore. :heh:

What the rest of the world and society chooses to think of Cannibal Corpse has no bearing on their music. Listen to Cannibal Corpse's music. Is that mallcore? Does it sound a lot like Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit. No. Cannibal Corpse pump-out intense death metal; and that's the bottom of it. Even Slayer are more 'mallcore' than CC.

Iron Maiden haven't made anything frefreshing since Peice of Mind?

??

Dude.. Sculpted, you actually bought a Slayer album? I thought you hated them. If you liked that God Hates Us All album, I think you'll like their Divine Intervention album. I like some of Araya's vocals but sometimes I find it boring but I love the aggression in their music so I think that makes up for it.