Who's Headlining the Toronto Show?

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Will we know in advance? Does anyone know? I'm sure I heard they're alternating headlining duties. I'm not sure which I'd perfer, as long as they both get full set lengths. Anyway, are there any other opening acts?

Porcupine Tree sells more albums.. but Opeth is catching up as of late. Porcupine also have a vast back catalogue where as Opeth is only playing stuff off Damnation and maybe one or two softer re-makes of older songs. I think it would only be fair for PT to headline all the shows.

Misticdeth said:
Im not sure if thats true. Where i live i can find Opeth albums at a few music stores but i cant find Porcupine Tree CDs anywhere. I listened to a few of their songs, i just never could get into them

In europe I am sure PT sells more as they get more of a push on the major label support. .. North America is probably about the same.. as PT doesn't have the distribution down yet.

valgalder said:
In europe I am sure PT sells more as they get more of a push on the major label support. .. North America is probably about the same.. as PT doesn't have the distribution down yet.

Oh, Ok. I live in Canada so the metal scene isnt huge but i know a few people here that know of or like Opeth where as PT, i never hear of anyone listening to them. The few songs that i downloaded sounded very similar to the music written on Damnation

What would be the best PT songs to download just to get a taste of them?