Meeting the band

If I did want to meet the band (which would be nice, but location prevents me) I wouldn't know what to say. It'd be an awkward silence as I stand in the presence of my gods. Why I'd love to say "I'm your biggest fan, I love your work" that'd be cliche' probably so I'd try to say something else. Which would probably come out all weird and make me sound like a stalker or something. Or I'd ask some question they've been asked 100 times (steering clear of lopez and peter dicusssion).
So Opeth, it's probably best we don't meet :-(

(although, I'll say it on here - I am your biggest fan, I love your work, I want to name my *future* children still life and blackwater park. Also how's Lopez going, why did Peter leave the band?) :-D

fuck cliche dude!! I met Mike on the Melloboat and I said what was in my heart, I said that I admire his work and personally I think it's genius. He laughed a bit and tried to be modest and say "I'm just trying to write some music" hehehhehehe but that's it, I said it! I love them and I love Mike's work and yeah, I think it's genius and now he knows it!! :kickass:

I met the band back in 2003 in the middle of December or January I believe. I froze my butt off outside for about two hours, but got to meet all of them and have the cover of Deliverance signed as well as the insert with all of their pictures. Very awesome.

I would actually like to ask Mike which Resident Evil game he thinks is best.

Oh and congratulate him in being one of the most talented musicians and songwriters around.

But the resi question comes first!

I am really really hoping to meet the band on May 16th in Ohio.... the venue is hard to find on online and nobody who lives in the area has been able to tell me where it is, though. If anyone is going to the show in Ohio on the 16th please let me know.

It's Opeth, Dream Theater, 3, and Between the Buried and Me, isn't it?

I am really really hoping to meet the band on May 16th in Ohio.... the venue is hard to find on online and nobody who lives in the area has been able to tell me where it is, though. If anyone is going to the show in Ohio on the 16th please let me know.

It's Opeth, Dream Theater, 3, and Between the Buried and Me, isn't it?

I'm probably going to that one. I live by Toledo. So it'll either be that one, or the one on the 17th, wherever that was at, I think the Filmore Detroit (old state theater)

Dare I make a new thread?: Burning questions for Mike/Opeth. Seriously what would you people want to know? Without being pervasive of course..