Meeting the band

JamesMetal

New Metal Member
Mar 23, 2008
Does Opeth ever meet the fans? I'm going to see Opeth on May 23rd in Montreal and would love to get one or two of my Opeth CDs signed.

I'm REALLY pumped for this concert because it will be my second Opeth show, but the first time seeing them as the headliner in a small venue. Can't wait!!!! :headbang:

BTW, does anyone know who the opening bands will be for Opeth's headlining dates?

One of the openers is TBA

That's hilarious.

I met them once (Mikael, Peter, Martin & Martin) after a 2004 show in Worcester, MA. Froze my ass off waiting for them, but it was worth it. They were all really nice and took a minute or two to talk with me and sign my BWP cd booklet. I don't know how much they do this now that they are big rock stars but if you do happen to meet one of them you won't be disappointed!

I've met them 3 times and all of them, in particular Axe are extremely nice guys. Peter was that way aswell when i met him. Axe just acts like one of the guys. My housemate got him drunk during the melloboat trip. Was hillarious!

Every show I've been to, I (and my friend) got to meet the band :) - we usually wait till they come out, sometimes we have to wait a few hours... but it's worth it :)

I remember once they went to this rock-pub in London, we went a long and well, it was cool :)

Also remember, I asked Martin Mendez for a ciggie once after the show, he was like 'oh yeah sure sure!'... :D

Funny how most of the people just leave after the show and don't bother (or think) waiting, but me and my friend always stay and wait, along with a few other fans.

If I did want to meet the band (which would be nice, but location prevents me) I wouldn't know what to say. It'd be an awkward silence as I stand in the presence of my gods. Why I'd love to say "I'm your biggest fan, I love your work" that'd be cliche' probably so I'd try to say something else. Which would probably come out all weird and make me sound like a stalker or something. Or I'd ask some question they've been asked 100 times (steering clear of lopez and peter dicusssion).
So Opeth, it's probably best we don't meet :-(

(although, I'll say it on here - I am your biggest fan, I love your work, I want to name my *future* children still life and blackwater park. Also how's Lopez going, why did Peter leave the band?) :-D

Their bus is usually parked near an exit at the venue. Hang out there, but yeah it could take an hour or two.
They're playing in Toronto the following night, so I'd expect they might want to get out of Montreal quickly.
Regardless, I'm sure they'll still be willing to sign for those who wait. The band has changed a lot since I met them.
I'd like to meet the new guys & get something signed by the current lineup.

If you read it literally and replaced the abbreviation TBA with the actual words To be Announced it would read: "One of the openers is to be announced", so no I didn't think it was a band. I can see where the confusion arose though.