WHW Fear of Infinity - tracks listed in the wrong order?

Knightfall

New Metal Member
Feb 9, 2011
I bought the new While Heaven Wept album from a local CD store a few days ago. When I started uploading the files on my computer, I noticed something strange:

whw001.jpg

The track listing on the back of the CD case (and in the booklet) does not match the actual order of tracks on the CD, where Unplenitude comes before To Grieve Forever and Saturn And Sacrifice.

I tried using google to see if anyone else had noticed this oddity but found no evidence of it. The back cover shown at the amazon.com entry for this album even has the tracks listed in the correct order (which can be seen [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fear-Infinity-While-Heaven-Wept/dp/B004Q1DFR4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304791281&sr=8-2"]here[/ame]).

Has anyone else here gotten the CD with the tracks listed in the wrong order, or did I end up getting some weird defective version of the album?

[edit] This is in no way intended to disparage the band or the album. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same track listing.

Funny, I hadn't noticed that. My CD cover (ordered from CMDistro, I think) looks exactly like yours. Just pulled up the tracks from the rip into iTunes and Unplenitude is #4 rather than #6. The printing on the CD itself matches the back cover of the cases.

The US pressing was printed incorrectly and I've already notified Nuclear Blast of this. Future pressings will feature the correct tracklists. The audio however is correct (with "Unplenitude" before "To Grieve Forever")...guess this first run of the album can be considered a "collectors item"

For the sake of clarity the EU pressing is printed correctly and comes in a slipcase.

this actually happens a lot. On a few Tokyo Blade disc and I think a Nuclear Blast Destruction release had the same problem. My favorite is when you rip songs from a CD onto your computer and it reads it as a completly different disc.