Why are rednecks only in the US?

most of the french people doesn't want to learn any other language, because.... they're FRENCH! I have a lot of funny stories about french people.
but if they speak it's hard to understand (yeah, I know, Hungarian accent is funny too)

and rednecks are everywhere (we call them "büdös paraszt", hehe)

I would have to say, however, the people with the largest grasp and best pronunciation of English would be Eastern Europeans. Many of the Slavic countries speak English like it's their native language, which blows my mind. I guess their own language is so difficult that by comparison, English must be simple for them. I know they have more vowel sounds than we do, and many of them are the same as ours. This is just my impression.

I would have to say, however, the people with the largest grasp and best pronunciation of English would be Eastern Europeans. Many of the Slavic countries speak English like it's their native language, which blows my mind. I guess their own language is so difficult that by comparison, English must be simple for them. I know they have more vowel sounds than we do, and many of them are the same as ours. This is just my impression.

yeah, probably right.
for us those typical american guttural sounds are really hard to use. and we can't. :)
In my childhood it was so different (I grow up in communism, hehe), we must (!!) learn only russian (but after 8-9 years learning we couldn't speak well) and a very few child wanted to learn other languages after school.

the countries that speak the best english are the ones that don't overdub movies and tv shows.

when you are reading the subtitles and hearing the words in english at the same time, your comprehension improves drastically.

ps: faffy...I think HUngary is one of the worst countries as far as English goes...I've been at least 5 times and everytime I had a very difficult time finding people who speak english. Even at metal shows. I asked some kid where he bought his Psychotic Waltz shirt in Budapest once and duke freaked out like I was trying to rob him, said something in hungarian and bounced.

The only logical choice is that we raise them here and then transplant them all over the world, to you know, screw with you fer'ners.

Seriously, though. Slavic metalheads? FUCKING SCARY.

Like animals fighting over a carcass. Those guys are metal through and through.

After seeing the new breed of young Slavic metalhead, I dubbed myself a pussy.

that's the only word I know. :)

the singer in my band comes from Vojvodina, where there are a lot of Hungarians and is half Hungarian.

his town is 70 percent Hungarian and it's a fucking trip to go there...it's like, you are in Serbia but no one speaks Serbian...weirdness.

that's the only word I know. :)

the singer in my band comes from Vojvodina, where there are a lot of Hungarians and is half Hungarian.

his town is 70 percent Hungarian and it's a fucking trip to go there...it's like, you are in Serbia but no one speaks Serbian...weirdness.

and the same in some parts of slovakia, romania...
yeah, it's because of our strange history
but it's not this thread's subject.

Like Bolzano, Italy. Everyone speaks German, eats wurstel and sauerkraut and don't speak any Italian. Even the architecture is more like German/Austrian than Italian.

Ok, I live in a pretty rural place here, but still there are no rednecks or backwards people like there are where I'm from in the south.

*I'M NOT SAYING EVERYONE FROM THE SOUTH IS A REDNECK!*

I was just wondering the other day because where I live in Italy is pretty isolated and small; although Venice and Udine and Trieste are all about an hour to an hour and a half away, I really haven't found anyone who is a blithering idiot like some of the people I know back home.

Seriously, is it an education thing? Is it a cultural thing? Please don't even mention some bullshit like, "they're all inbred" or something like that because 100 years ago there were people all over the world in poor communities who were inbred. In fact, in the late 1700's here, there was what was thought to be an epidemic of demonic possession here. When the state came to investigate, they realized that the girls were suffering from dementia and had gone crazy. Some of them were inbred and suffering from gonorrhea to the point it had made them crazy, some of them had like 5 kids by the time they were 16, and the church labeled it as demonic possession so they could control the masses. Basically, they were so poor they were stupid.

So, again, why are rednecks mainly categorized as southern Americans when we live in the 21st century and why haven't we taken a step out of that?
all you have to do is take a trip up to northern maine to get some east coast rednecks.