why did symphony x support stratovarius?

Morgour said:
when it should have been the other way around,
strat' are good an all but X are about 20 million times better.

The answer is pretty simple. It was Strato's tour to begin with. They asked Symphony X to open for them. The billing suited the band and Symphony X accepted. It was also a chance for the tour to get booked into some larger venues. Cant go wrong with playing for more people now can you??

Besides, by doing so it also lays down the groundwork for future shows with Symphony X as a headliner. So there you have it.

Glenn

I think that Symphony X got much more listeners ex. here in finland, Symphony x is'nt an unknown band here but i think that they have few more listener...:( Bad thing was that i bougth the tickets to strato/symp x consert right away when they were available... Consert was in saturday... But in friday night i had over 38C fever :(... I hope that symphony x will come again to finland........ So I could come to listen them :)

I'm checking out Strato right now on Kazaa. The music is really good(Sym x is better). But I can't stand the vocals. Something about his style is just annoying. It sounds almost winy. Russel blows him away.

Yes. I agree with Ultimate Symphony. The supported stratovarius because they wanted to play. And just because you like symphony x more than stratovarius (i know i do) doesn't mean that strato is unworthy of doing a headlining show after they have been around since 1984.

Jester87 said:
I think that Symphony X got much more listeners ex. here in finland, Symphony x is'nt an unknown band here but i think that they have few more listener...:( Bad thing was that i bougth the tickets to strato/symp x consert right away when they were available... Consert was in saturday... But in friday night i had over 38C fever :(... I hope that symphony x will come again to finland........ So I could come to listen them :)

Don't you worry... Me and my friends got the chance to talk to Russell after the gig and he promised, that they'll be back here in 5 months as headliners! :)

Janina said:
Don't you worry... Me and my friends got the chance to talk to Russell after the gig and he promised, that they'll be back here in 5 months as headliners! :)

Wow you talked to Russel... But that's a reliefe to hear that... Mayby then i will be abel to come to that concert.. :)

I've been to 013 in Holland. It was sold out in there, but mainly because of the Stratovarius fans. Also the stand for the merchandising for the 2 bands (not counting Thunderstone) was set up mostly for the Stratovarius fans. The stand was about 80% Stratovarius and 20% SyX. What i did sea a lot though, was that ppl who came for SyX didn't see very much of the Stratovarius concert. I left at about 30 minutes into to Stratovarius concert as well as a lot of other ppl. I'm not saying who is better, that's just a matter of opinion.

theodyssey said:
Yes. I agree with Ultimate Symphony. The supported stratovarius because they wanted to play. And just because you like symphony x more than stratovarius (i know i do) doesn't mean that strato is unworthy of doing a headlining show after they have been around since 1984.

Agreed \m/

I think a lot of people are also forgetting Strato is one of the biggest metal bands in the world (outside of the US) and the opportunity for SyX to open for them would be like some lesser known band opening for a Pantera or a Cradle of Filth (just to give to an idea of the level of popularity Strato has)

I Say tallica boots Linkin park/limb bizkit and refills there slot with SYM-X for SUmmer sanitarium =P

Wonder how mnay ppl here would stop liking them if they played with tallica lol \m/