Why doesn't Lamb of God get more RC respect?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
"Ashes of the Wake" is a fantastic Metal release. The riffing on it is just awesome. And while it seems that there are a lot of folks on here that this CD should appeal to, Lamb of God gets very little mention. I'm not sure if there's a tendency to view them as somethuing other than a pure Metal band, due to the fact that they're young and from the U.S. I get the feeling, that if some old school band released anything that neared the intensity and kick assedness of this CD, that many of the RC faithful would be reaching for the Kleenex.

Zod

I haven't heard that one, but I heard the first two. THey just bored me to death. I put 'em in the same group as Mastodon and Shadows Fall. Semi-core thrash metal for the masses.

And this coming from a metal fan who enjoys a lot of -core.

J. said:
I haven't heard that one, but I heard the first two. THey just bored me to death. I put 'em in the same group as Mastodon and Shadows Fall. Semi-core thrash metal for the masses.
These guys are much times heavier than Shadows Fall, and way more old school than Mastadon. If you get a chance, check out the new one. I think it's their best yet.

Zod

I don't see any metalcore influence whatsoever, these dudes are a thrash band with high technical ability. That being said, after 2 weeks of listening to them I was pretty much spent, I'd rather listen to old Vader.

One more reason to ignore that stupid fucking site, they obviously didn't listen to the album. LoG uses a TON of riffs, there was a reason why Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland guested on it.

Seriously, mother mother fuck, mother mother fuck fuck metal-archives.

Erik said:
"Lamb of God do not play metal, they play metalcore, which is an utterly worthless sub-genre of metal that should never have been created or named thusly, as it has absolutely nothing to do with metal save the name. A more proper name would have been “neo-punk” or “guttercore”, as this band repeats tired riffs endlessly and bleats at the lower end of the vocal spectrum for the duration. Lamb of God’s songwriting formula is simple: Take 1 pointless riff, vomit some faux-death vocals over it, and repeat it for 4 to 5 minutes with an occasional break for a slightly-different-but-still-exactly-the-fucking-same riff, often casually drifting out of one speaker while the rest of the band masturbates into the cocaine they are about to snort. This is a Lamb of God song, and there are 11 of these vapid fuckers on Ashes of the Wake. Words cannot express how much I detest uninspired drivel like “The Faded Line”, “Big Gun”, and, oh hell, the rest of the entire tracklist."

:lol: @ metal-archs review

oh man, that's a good one :D

Erik said:
"Lamb of God do not play metal, they play metalcore, which is an utterly worthless sub-genre of metal...
It sounds as if this reviewer made up his mind before he even heard the CD. He decided, before spinning the disc, that Lamb of God is "NuMetal" and therefore they are shit. If you don't like Lamb of God, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. We all have bands we like and bands we don't like. However, to say their songs consist of only "one pointless riff" is to put your ignorance on display for all to witness.

Zod

Erik said:
:lol: you realize ANYONE can write a review there? There's a multitude of positive reviews for the album on Metal-Archs too, but I choose to ignore them as the writers seem clueless.

I kind of appreciate the overall range of opinions you come across on metal-archives... I mean, you have everything from borderline Prozac-worship to all out, utter devotion)

The thing about metal-archives, is that you have to take the time to get to know the writers' tastes before taking them into account. Like Erik said, you can for the most time trust Boris when it comes to thrash, but it's pretty damn obvious that he is completely clueless when it comes to Gothenberg.

I never trust MA's reviews. Too many hacks just writing away, kissing their favorite bands' asses or simply trying to trash some band.

J. said:
I never trust MA's reviews. Too many hacks just writing away, kissing their favorite bands' asses or simply trying to trash some band.
That's what I've always seen, but okay it makes sense since anyone can write there (didn't know that until now).

I'll take back the mother mother fuck fuck, but not the mother mother fuck bit. :)

I reviewed Ashes of the Wake for UM, and I don't think Lamb of God are that bad. They have some good riffs here and there, but I'm just not interested in them too much.

One Inch Man said:
That's what I've always seen, but okay it makes sense since anyone can write there (didn't know that until now).

I'll take back the mother mother fuck fuck, but not the mother mother fuck bit. :)

You changed your avatar. I hate you.

circus_brimstone said:
Don't worry, Jesse Custer will return! :D I've had a whole shitload of avatars but JC is one of about three I like to go back to.

circus_brimstone said:
Don't worry, Jesse Custer will return! :D I've had a whole shitload of avatars but JC is one of about three I like to go back to.

Attempt #2.

I saw them live and i couldn't really tell they where all that metal...sounded very much like a Hardcore band to me =/ I didn't like it very much, and it sure wasn't thrashy to me. Not fast enough.

J. said:

And this coming from a metal fan who enjoys a lot of -core.

exactly, boring as fuck!