Why Isn't Judas Priest On Here?

Freddy Krueger

The Dream Child
Jun 24, 2002
Hell
Visit site
Judas Priest is probably one of the greatest Metal bands ever to exist, even with the loss of Halford I think Ripper is making the band better and better with the last two CD's released.. Is there any reason why there isn't a board for them here? I think any true metal fan would agree that JP is one of the most influencial metal bands to ever exist..

I agree that Judas Priest is definitely one of the most influential metal bands ever. However, I don't think Ripper is making the band better. In my opinion Pain Killer was there moment of brilliance. I am not old enough to have a good taste of the older stuff. Pain Killer was one of the first metal albums that really influenced me. I love that album. I'm getting tears in my eyes. . . must . . . go . . . now . . .

I agree - Demolition could be one of the worst records in history considering how talented Priest are (with or without Halford), and Painkiller is one of their best.

Still, Ultimate Metal is prone to underground acts, and Judas Priest are too "big" for this forum to have their own thread. Moderators - feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :D

There's nothing wrong with new Priest, get your heads out of your asses... Just because Halford is out, doesn't mean they can't continue... Painkiller was the best moment in Priests history, sure.. BUT that doesn't mean that Priest isn't great now.. Ripper is a great Vocalist, anyone that doesn't agree needs to get their head checked... He's great. I'm glad Priest is still going on.

I think some of you need to open your minds a bit to the possibilty that Priest can still be great with Ripper.

If you're telling me that Demolition is a horrible album, have you heard Hell Is Home, or Close To You.. Demolition is proof that Priest still has what it takes to be a big metal act.

And even Ripper, he has some of the most talented vocals.. In one concert he got his vocals so high he broke glass. ( Not Literally, but he can match Halford anyday. )

Judas Priest were one of the bands that got me into metal but that was in the 70's! I remember when they released 'Take on the world' (one of the worst tracks ever to appear on a so called metal album) the fans in Birmingham (their hometown) had to wait for them to get back from a pop programme,( that still haunts us called 'Top of the Pops') before they came on stage, over an hour late. Next year they released another pop song (that I can't even bear to mention!) and did the same to us again. I think 'Stained Class' was their last decent album.

Judas Priest has their own official BB on their website (as does Maiden). I think I agree that they are big enough that they can host their own board. I like the format of this site in that it's "one stop shopping" for many bands, but Priest's gets some decent traffic on their site...which I believe warrants it to be where it is. Maiden's is absolutely HUGE, and for bandwidth alone I couldn't see it being on here. Plus, their website is so large and comprehensive anyway it makes sense that they have their own.

As for Priest with or without Ripper. I'm kinda torn. Rob will be always my favorite vocalist, and even at his age I believe he's the finest living metal singer. Yes, overall the quality of the Priest albums have gone down since Painkiller. Jugulator I still liked though (minus a couple dumb songs like Decapitate and Brain Dead). But Bullet Train is bruising, and Cathedral Spires is simply fantastic. Live, Ripper did well on that tour I thought. He's no Rob, but that's okay I guess. Priest's style was changing anyway. But. Demolition is much worse IMO. There are a couple good songs as mentioned. "Close To You" is simply fantastic, it has a "Blood Red Skies" feel to it. "Machine Man" isn't bad musically (they lyrics bring it down). "Hell is Home" has a decent chorus. And strangely enough the other ballad "Lost and Found" isn't that bad. But overall Jugulator destroys Demolition. And no, it's not Ripper's fault, it's Glenn's. He's penning more and more of both the music and lyrics and I think Demolition was his attempt at modernizing their sound (nu-metal dare I say?). K.K. listens to straight up metal (he's a big Nevermore fan for example) and I think if he were to write more and hark...Rob were to rejoin, the next Priest album would be almost untoppable. We all know Rob's solo work is very, very metal and enjoyable.

Seeing Ripper on the Demolition tour wasn't as good as on the Jugulator one. His stage presence sort of changed and I didn't care for it as much. The setlist was equally as good, and he sang well, but his strange shadowboxing and other antics detracted from the "metalness" of it. He did sing well though, and he screamed much more than on the previous tour. But I would like to see him dance around less and prowl more. Fit their music more, you know?

I honestly though think it's odd that once Ripper got the job their sound is moving farther away from the stuff he knew, loved and sang to get the job. Must be strange to be in his position. Must be sort of like "Why can't we continue writing the good stuff that I got this job singing?" They do live, but I'm not content with that, I want another massive Judas Priest album ala Painkiller, Sin After Sin or Defenders.

I agree with Starbreaker -- since the addition of Ripper, Judas Priest has really begun to change their sound. They often remind me more of Dio, now. It's disappointing to me, actually, because I liked Priest. Halford is still putting out good music, but he's slowed down a bit and changed some as well. It feels to me more like Priest ended and two brand new bands emerged.

Originally posted by Starbreaker
...Rob were to rejoin, the next Priest album would be almost untoppable. We all know Rob's solo work is very, very metal and enjoyable.

I agree - although the reviews for Crucible have said that it sucks beyond belief (especially compared to Resurrection). I haven't heard it myself, but now I'm in two minds about getting it....

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger

And even Ripper, he has some of the most talented vocals.. In one concert he got his vocals so high he broke glass.

I heard it was 'wind', not 'glass'.

Halfords new album is just as good as the last, it just doesn't break any new ground.. That's why you're not hearing rave reviews about it. It's a good metal album overall, just don't expect to be wowed by anything.

And about that Ripper comment, grow up.

what is all this crap about rob halford joining the band sum 41???
is it true?????i think he played along with these guys during a cncert and was overwhelmed by them and finally decided to join 'em.is it true????or just another rumour!

yupp judas priest are tway too big to be featured in UM

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger

And about that Ripper comment, grow up.

KERPLUNK!

*sound of "Freddy Kreuger's" sense of humour collapsing into toilet bowl* :lol: Welcome newbie.

@sigilofbaphomet: Rob Halford jammed with Sum41 at last years MTV music awards - they all played "You've got another thing coming" with Tommy Lee on drums, but nothing went further.

For some reason, Sum41 earned the respect of Rob Halford and Kerry King etc...don't know why...perhaps because they wear Priest and Slayer t-shirts in their videos?

For some reason, Sum41 earned the respect of Rob Halford and Kerry King etc...don't know why...perhaps because they wear Priest and Slayer t-shirts in their videos? [/B]

It's because ROCK is what they're ALL ABOUT...it's what they LIVE FOR...come on, SHOUT IT OUT...

Sorry, bit of an MTV Moment there.:ill: