Why?

MYT

May 27, 2009
You know that is about the best title i could come up with for this thread. I can see a band breaking up because of internal issues or health or whatever but after listening to an interview with Mark Briody today and hearing him talk about there being no interest from lables and promoters and that they needed four grand to do a tour and didn't have it or nor would the lable help with it, i just said why? I know money is hard to come by and four grand is alot for some of us but it just hit me wrong i guess because of the music Jag Panzer has made and could make you would think the record company would have the forsight of what METAL these guys would bring. I guess the same goes for the band itself, it seems from my point of view is that you all gave up. Could be wrong but i think it's a shame that what i consider a really great band could would go away that easy. Hope down the road they reconsider and put out more metal for us.

I completely agree with you. It doesn't make any sense what so ever. A band that has been around 30 years, recorded several classic albums, and then puts out another great album with The Scourge of Light and then they decide to end it. Its a damn shame how America can't support any great bands that deserve it. Hopefully, one day Jag Panzer will return as I would love to see them live.

I agree with you guys, it breaks my heart to see such a great band calling it a day after releasing such great music.

Hopefully they will get back together and record some new stuff...

Totally agree with you guys! Find it very weird and wrong that such a great and in a way unique band like Jag Panzer cannot survive. And money steers it all? Just shit! It's all just a waste of talent I think. I mean Harry is one of the absolutely most powerful and best vocalists out there, Rikard's feeling in his drumming is awesome, Briody's guitar and songwriting-skills is damn fine. A shame that no label are able to support this -one of the best- Power Metal bands....sad!