Wicked Metal Ballads

One-metallica
Repent-children of bodom
Iron maiden-Children Of The damned
Guns N' Roses-Estanged
and for some strange reason Wintersun's Beautiful Death has felt Ballady for me:erk:

Don’t you ever get in the mood for country music? I do, yea and I get into Lynyrd Skynyrd and it fills the need.,. Yea I love that clean crunch with arpeggiation like “Simple Man”, and good feeling and slide like “Freebird”. Yea I am also a Skynyrd fan too, it reminds me of when I was young.

RoboCaster said:
Don’t you ever get in the mood for country music?

Ah, we have a redneck rocker in our midst! I can tolerate some country, but wouldn't listen to it on a regular basis. I end up flipping between MTV, VH1, GAC, and CMT quite a bit. When I had digital cable, I watched VH1 Classic the most(Metal Mania kicks ass), but also saw a little VH1 & MTV Hits too. The Music Choice channel Power Rock was a fav as well.

WillyKing said:
Ah, we have a redneck rocker in our midst!

Yes and I even like that song “Green Grass and High Tides Forever”!

I also like “I Need You Tonight” – ZZ Top.

Yea but you need at least a couple of gain pedals, then equalizer and echo delay. Just like Brave New world you need couple layers of gain to give it a motion in the tone.

RoboCaster said:
Don’t you ever get in the mood for country music? I do, yea and I get into Lynyrd Skynyrd and it fills the need.,. Yea I love that clean crunch with arpeggiation like “Simple Man”, and good feeling and slide like “Freebird”. Yea I am also a Skynyrd fan too, it reminds me of when I was young.

Yes, I realize this thread is about ballads, however I can relate to what you are saying here. I play guitar in cover bands and it never fails that when you start that riff from "Sweet Home Alabama", people go nuts. Having people dance and smile and enjoy themselves is priceless......And I don't care if people think it isn't cool to like country music......

K, I know this has nothing to do with wicked metal ballads, but there is something about that pic of Mr. Henkka in Turbo's posts that looks pretty damn wicked to me! Don't know what he really looks like, but........ Am I alone on this thought.........ladies? LOL! :oops:
(p.s....xoxoxo Mark!!!! :D )

BodomIsYourGod said:
Hum........then why would Children of bodom put it on there single?

it was a triple artist single. Wizzard (iron steel metal), Cryhavok (repent) n i forget what COBs song was. Read the "Fake COB Cover Songs" thread that i made in Children of Bodom forum.

Remember Tomorrow!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
K, I know this has nothing to do with wicked metal ballads, but there is something about that pic of Mr. Henkka in Turbo's posts that looks pretty damn wicked to me! Don't know what he really looks like, but........ Am I alone on this thought.........ladies? LOL! :oops:

Actually....no! ;) :heh:

RoboCaster said:

I LOOOOOOVE Lynyrd Skynyrd!!!!!!

My favourite songs are Free Bird, Gimmie Three Steps, The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe, On The Hunt and What's Your Name. Love them!!
worship.gif

On the subject of country rock, I love The Eagles too - they are one of my favourite bands!! My favourite songs of theirs include New Kid In Town, Get Over It, Love Will Keep Us Alive, Deperado, Doolin-Dalton, Lyin' Eyes and After The Thrill Is Gone

Lynyrd Skynyrd was really big when I was young, they sounded so good and made me want to play guitar, I just love the ringing sound of strings, but Skynyrd made country sound good in A440 with some crunch and some balls.

Doodoobubbachuck said:

yeh his fucking bass :headbang:

Yeah, I'm from Texas, so I know a lot of country and the southern rock just gives you a down home feel. The Allman Brothers Band is also awesome!