Widow and Borealis opening for Saxon tonight

Saxon rules, given. Anyone out west who wants to see a really good trio who have FUN while performing, and are funny as crap - Widow puts on a great show. Here is my strong recommendation to show up early and meet these cats from Raleigh, NC.

Ditto. I really wish we were getting Widow at the Jaxx stop of the Saxon tour. Still, I'm downright giddy just to be able to see Saxon.

Review and setlist from someone at metalsetlists.com

Saxon -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 28th, 2011
Absolutely phenomenal. I will provide a link to my full review on MetalAssault.com when it's up there, but for now here's this.

Biff's voice, the sound, the band's stage presence, the setlist and the crowd were as close to perfect as it could get. GO SEE THIS BAND ON THIS TOUR AT ANY COST BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

1. Hammer of the Gods
2. Heavy Metal Thunder
3. Never Surrender
4. Chasing the Bullet
5. Motorcycle Man
6. Back in '79
7. I've Got to Rock (to Stay Alive)
8. Call to Arms
9. Rock n' Roll Gypsy
10. Demon Sweeney Todd
11. This Town Rocks (not on the written list according to Biff)
12. When Doomsday Comes
13. Denim and Leather
14. Afterburner
15. Princess of the Night
--Encore 1--
16. Crusader
17. 747 (Strangers in the Night)
Doug Scarrat Guitar Solo
18. Power and the Glory
--Encore 2--
Nibbs Carter Bass Solo
19. Strong Arm of the Law
20. Wheels of Steel

This is a very nice setlist, but maybe 6 songs from Call To Arms is a bit too much, and 2 of my faves (Mists Of Avalon and Surviving Against The Odds) are not even there. I'd skip a couple ones to add stuff from Unleash The Beast to Lionheart. And for newer songs, I'd add Batallions Of Steel.

That being said, noone can really complain with 20 songs played. I can't wait to see them in Montreal on Oct. 10, cause I know this is going to be a KILLER show!!

Review and setlist from someone at metalsetlists.com

Saxon -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 28th, 2011
Absolutely phenomenal. I will provide a link to my full review on MetalAssault.com when it's up there, but for now here's this.

Biff's voice, the sound, the band's stage presence, the setlist and the crowd were as close to perfect as it could get. GO SEE THIS BAND ON THIS TOUR AT ANY COST BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

1. Hammer of the Gods
2. Heavy Metal Thunder
3. Never Surrender
4. Chasing the Bullet
5. Motorcycle Man
6. Back in '79
7. I've Got to Rock (to Stay Alive)
8. Call to Arms
9. Rock n' Roll Gypsy
10. Demon Sweeney Todd
11. This Town Rocks (not on the written list according to Biff)
12. When Doomsday Comes
13. Denim and Leather
14. Afterburner
15. Princess of the Night
--Encore 1--
16. Crusader
17. 747 (Strangers in the Night)
Doug Scarrat Guitar Solo
18. Power and the Glory
--Encore 2--
Nibbs Carter Bass Solo
19. Strong Arm of the Law
20. Wheels of Steel

This is a very nice setlist, but maybe 6 songs from Call To Arms is a bit too much, and 2 of my faves (Mists Of Avalon and Surviving Against The Odds) are not even there. I'd skip a couple ones to add stuff from Unleash The Beast to Lionheart. And for newer songs, I'd add Batallions Of Steel.

That being said, noone can really complain with 20 songs played. I can't wait to see them in Montreal on Oct. 10, cause I know this is going to be a KILLER show!!

Great setlist. Still disappointed in no "To Hell and Back Again" but fuck, I'm seeing Saxon, so I can't be picky.

A QUICK NOTE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING SHOWS (Houston, Santa Ana and Tempe):

There is A CHANCE that Borealis will not be taking the direct support slot in those 3 particular shows. As most of you know, local promoters are known for pulling some bullshit just because they think they can. Not even with the awesome help of Saxon's manager we can fight the "windmills. Not to go into too much crap (and to also not snap at local bands), there's a chance Borealis will be going on earlier than they are supposed to at those three particular shows. If any of you is planning to be there, get there early just in case. Promoters can be a piece of work and this time is no different. They should be pretty good for the remaining dates of the tour. :)

And in case nobody heard me the first time, fuck the Key Club in LA. :D

Two HD Borealis clips from the show in Vegas:

Goes to show how tight the band is. Don't miss this! :D

(by the way, the guy shooting the video taught us how to record great video and ruin it at some points as well... lol)

Last edited by a moderator: