Wierd KISS rumour.

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
From .Blabbermouth

KISS are rumored to be planning a return to Australia for a one-off concert at Melbourne's Colonial Stadium in late February/early March 2003.

If the unconfirmed reports are to be believed, this unique show will feature the band playing with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra who will all be wearing KISS makeup.

The one-off concert will reportedly be filmed and recorded for a future DVD/CD release.

Peter Criss is said to have signed on to do the show but there has been no word yet on Ace Frehley's possible participation at the gig.

The concert is scheduled to be announced at a press conference at Colonial Stadium in late October with both bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons and frontman Paul Stanley in attendance.

The deal has allegedly been signed by Colonial Stadium boss Ian Collins, who will also attend the press conference in KISS makeup

It makes sense actually.
Kiss Alive 4 will never get released, and they really do need a fitting farewell album / DVD.

I was just about to come on then to post this and it was here lol.

Blabbermouth were the ones who posted the Guns n Roses rumour though so hopefully it isn't true. A show with a orchestra is NOT a fitting farewell album if you ask me.

A fitting farewell album for Kiss would be a flat out explosive rock & roll show, biggest they've ever done.

Originally posted by The Trooper

A fitting farewell album for Kiss would be a flat out explosive rock & roll show, biggest they've ever done.

And they can't do that with an orchestra?

It wouldn't sound right.

Can you imagine strings in Calling Dr. Love and Love Gun and Detroit Rock City, etc.?

I would have to say, no they can't do that with an orchestra :)

It would sound as stupid as it does on half of S&M.
And then it would sound as cool as it does on the other half of S&M.

They've been on a fitting farewell tour for at least 3 years. They couldn't have a fitting farewell anymore.

They might as well keep doing their farwell tour until Paul & Gene die of old age. Oh hell they probably still tour then to.

Gee, if they're going to do a big symphony show at least get a drummer and guitarist who aren't washed up. Bruce and Eric would be great for this sort of gig.

I wish Kiss would just f**k off, it has gone far beyond a joke now :D

I cant see a Kiss show with strings... The poor people in the orchestra would be set on fire from all the pyro :eek:

Speaking of kiss is any one going to get the new kiss "very best of"? The cover looks cool but it has nothing of real interest.

I am just reading "Kiss and Make-up", is it me or is the story had a great live show did three girls and Ace did nothing, (repeat)

I don't have any 'best of' Kiss things, so I may consider it.
What's the track listing?

If you don't have any Kiss best ofs, then I'd say the new one or Smashes Thrashes & Hits are the 2 to consider coz they have SOME non-makeup stuff. Double Platinum is by far the ultimate best of from the 70s material.

I will get the new best of when I see it cheap somewhere just for the collection but I won't pay much for it because I don't want it haha. But I have 28 Kiss albums at the moment, so I'm goin' for the whole collection.

Mine's already on pre-order for the princely sum of $20, so that's not too bad.

Australian release date is October 18th. I may already have all the songs six times over, but I'm buying it anyway :).

KISS with an orchestra? I don't think so. It might work in the studio on songs like Beth, Great Expectations and some of The Elder, but it'd be a disaster if they tried to do it live.

W