Will I blow up my Krank if I...

Btw, most amplifiers preamp section still work while their ON STANDBY. And while you are on standby you don't need a load on your amplifier and you can still use your preamp section.

But, check your amplifiers manual to 100% verify this story. I'm not responsible for any damage to your amplifier if anything is gone wrong.
Even if it was safe, doesn't work with the XXX though, tried already, but with a cab connected for silent recording in my Room.

I wouldn't let you borrow my amp.
Don't do that
When a amplifier is on standby you are only running voltage on the preamp tubes. Poweramp tubes do not get used when on standby so they dont generate energy and you won't need a load.
Rack preamps (ENGL E530/E570, Boogie Triaxis, Marshall JMP-1) all dont have standby's cause they dont need it.

But, as a warning: Be sure to check the amps manual or a technician to be 100% certain.

Even if it was safe, doesn't work with the XXX though, tried already, but with a cab connected for silent recording in my Room.
I know almost every ENGL can do it, dont know if its possible with other brands.

I think what Standby really does is prevent hi voltage to go through any tube, but still allows them to warm-up at the same time.
If you have a solid state power section, then fine, but as I said, I wouldn't let you borrow my amp :lol:

No, and I don't think it will ever.
You can buy cheap resistive loads for that, or DIY yourself one. It is worth it.
In the long run, you'll blow your amp is you do like Arvoitus says, even if it supposedly works on Engl, that, I don't know.

AND remember than the usual way to Master/Slave amps is NOT by the effect loop, but it is better usually done with the Line out.
I'm not an amp tech and I can't really tell you the difference between Fx Send and Line Out, but I know that you usually slave an amp through it's line out. You can either put a cab or a load on the amp that sends it's signal to the Slave, but you NEED a cab on your slave amp.

When a amplifier is on standby you are only running voltage on the preamp tubes. Poweramp tubes do not get used when on standby so they dont generate energy and you won't need a load.

Rack preamps (ENGL E530/E570, Boogie Triaxis, Marshall JMP-1) all dont have standby's cause they dont need it.

Um, you just totally contradicted yourself there. If you don't need standby on a rack preamp then surely the standby switch is to warm up the power amp tubes?

No, and I don't think it will ever.
You can buy cheap resistive loads for that, or DIY yourself one. It is worth it.
In the long run, you'll blow your amp is you do like Arvoitus says, even if it supposedly works on Engl, that, I don't know.
Yeah build me already a Dummy Load box, but have to resolder it cause the solder joints get too hot and the resistors de-solder themselve :mad:
anyway, the XXX line out sounds like shit, would rather go with the FX send instead, at least for impulses, but i assume with a Master/Slave setup won't be any different.

It is worth a try, but if it sounds better to you going by the fx loop, it won't blow your amp, but you won't be able to use that amp with a cabinet. But you'll be allright since you already have a load!

You could try it the other way around too, I'd love to hear the Krankenstein A/B'd with another power section!
You've got a mission, if you accept it.
:lol:

I checked my story with some amp tech's. They confirmed that you don't need a cabinet when you are on standby, and they even told me that you don't need an cabinet while standby is OFF ... as long as you keep your master volume closed (so no current is flowing through your tubes).

As for the preamp story, it depends on the brands. ENGL's do have it, some marshalls do have it.

I checked my story with some amp tech's. They confirmed that you don't need a cabinet when you are on standby, and they even told me that you don't need an cabinet while standby is OFF ... as long as you keep your master volume closed (so no current is flowing through your tubes).

As for the preamp story, it depends on the brands. ENGL's do have it, some marshalls do have it.

That's most likely because he wants your amp to blow up.
Fuck, what kind of "amp tech" would go tell this?

If you don't need standby on a rack preamp then surely the standby switch is to warm up the power amp tubes?

Vacuum tubes have a heater element, running off a low-voltage supply. The standby switch removes the high-voltage supply to the actual circuitry. Lets you turn off the valves without turning off the heater, so you don't have to wait for the cathodes to warm up again when you turn back on. It saves running current through the tubes when they're not in use for short time periods.

When a amplifier is on standby you are only running voltage on the preamp tubes. Poweramp tubes do not get used when on standby so they don't generate energy and you won't need a load.

I know almost every ENGL can do it, dont know if its possible with other brands.

In the majority of amps the high-voltage supply goes first to the power tubes, then to the preamp tubes. The standby switch interrupts the supply before the power tubes, so it switches off the preamp as well.

This is sort of true and sort of reckless.

Because the output tubes are coupled to the speaker through a transformer, the speaker is a load to AC signal only. Ergo, when no AC is present the load looks the same whether the speaker is there or not.

With the MV turned right down, the power tubes have no signal at the input, so should be producing no AC at their output.

But they are still passing DC, and any AC contamination in the supply is a danger. A turn-off thump could be expensive. :eek: