Will Symphony X ever release a music video?

SymphonyXFan

Resident Mr Evil
Jul 20, 2002
England
I don't know much about music and record labels but wouldn't it be possible for Symphony X to make a music video for one of their new songs- like King of Terrors?

I've seen videos done by relatively unknown bands and they look really cheap, but at least they've got one for show.

I just think it'd be really cool [if at all in the realms of possibility].

well i don't really know if they want to, i'm pretty sure they could do one but i don't think it would make so much sense to make a video, as you know that type of music isn't popular at the mainstream realm (it's just pop and wannabe tough guy rock:rolleyes: )

Originally posted by SymphonyXFan

I've seen videos done by relatively unknown bands and they look really cheap, but at least they've got one for show.

Cheap and SymX do not go together ;) If they do one, you know they'll only want it to be the best possible.

Glenn

Originally posted by WhoFooldU
Cheap and SymX do not go together ;) If they do one, you know they'll only want it to be the best possible.

Glenn

:heh: the symphony x guys are very expensive bastards :lol: jk;)

We will never see the day MTV plays a 20 minute music video of good music. They don't even play whole videos of the crap they call music now, and those "songs" are only minutes long.

Even though they could make a video, it wouldn't have a place to play.

Who bought the last album of RAGE? In the digipack version there's the video of the song "Down": it has a very good production and tho i imagine they don't have a giant budget either, they made a real quality work (and i won't ever bet to see it on TV if not on some german metal music program)
So why not SyX making a video, maybe after the North American tour, when they will gain some $$$ :D
And for sure, the DVD still is an excellent idea :worship:

I think it's funny that you say that symphony x is too METAL to get played, and they it's not pop.

I wouldn't call Metallica's ONE pop, or Megadeth's RUST IN PEACE pop, and yet they both had videos for them... ONE gets played alongside britney spears (ironic huh? haha), and even though metallica are ass now, ...Justice is a fucking good album. If they can accept "LANDMINES HAVE TAKEN MY SIGHT etc", then i'm sure they can accept Symphony X.

Originally posted by Trapped
I think it's funny that you say that symphony x is too METAL to get played, and they it's not pop.

I wouldn't call Metallica's ONE pop, or Megadeth's RUST IN PEACE pop, and yet they both had videos for them... ONE gets played alongside britney spears (ironic huh? haha), and even though metallica are ass now, ...Justice is a fucking good album. If they can accept "LANDMINES HAVE TAKEN MY SIGHT etc", then i'm sure they can accept Symphony X.

hehe pardon my stupidity but who said that syx were too metal to get played on mtv? i'm gonna share my opinion here, to me it's not the fact that syx are too metal to be played on mtv, as you may know the scene now is different than some years ago, when metallica released One as a video they were probably the most popular thrash metal band around so they already had a very solid fanbase and if i'm not mistaken the scene back then had the grunge movement at is peak and before that metal (mostly hair metal) was pretty popular. Right now what do we have? nu-metal at is peak, lame pop punk, pop and Emo. Another thing is that symphony x tend to make long, complex songs (not always) with long fast solos and most of the kiddos right now don't fall in love with that type of music.

Syx could make a video it's a cool idea but to me it's not such a good idea in terms of making the band more popular.

Note: all of this is my opinion you don't have to agree with me :D

I was actually referring to this:

as you know that type of music isn't popular at the mainstream realm (it's just pop and wannabe tough guy rock )

Elitism at it's peak dude, and you don't even see it when i point it out to you :lol:

Fair enough though, i see where you are going... but really, Symphony X are more commercially viable that Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, or Morbid Angel, and they have all got clips kicking around on tv and the metal shows... so... go figure...

My guess is that you don't want SX to be associated with this so called "Tough guy rock", which is fair enough, but what about the extra exposure from SX, if they stayed true to wht they were doing, then it would do them wonders to get mainstream exposure like that...

In all seriousness, i could see Fallen on a metal show... it's really not any more extreme than what pantera were doing five to ten years ago, and that's accepted within the mainstream..

Originally posted by Trapped
I was actually referring to this:

Elitism at it's peak dude, and you don't even see it when i point it out to you :lol:

Fair enough though, i see where you are going... but really, Symphony X are more commercially viable that Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, or Morbid Angel, and they have all got clips kicking around on tv and the metal shows... so... go figure...

My guess is that you don't want SX to be associated with this so called "Tough guy rock", which is fair enough, but what about the extra exposure from SX, if they stayed true to wht they were doing, then it would do them wonders to get mainstream exposure like that...

dude you don't seem to see where i'm coming from :lol:

i don't give a shit if syx become popular (in fact i would love to see more people knowing about them, they deserve it) , i like bon jovi, creed and some other mainstream bands so go figure :rolleyes:

check out my last post (i was talking about the US scene only) to me it's not viable making a video for Mtv (just an example) when all they are showing is nu-metal, punk and pop in other words it won't help the band in popularity terms here in the US.