Will Testament consider using 8 strings guitars pioneered by Meshuggah?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I was just wondering whether the band had considered using those new 8 string guitars meshuggah is now using? The 8 stringers would provide a great bottom heavy sound- perfect for a follow up of The Gathering.

Yeah, fuck that! Maybe they listen to em, but Testament doesn't need to conform to anybody's idea of what sounds cool! Interesting question though.

I didnt mean testament should conform- just maybe explore this new possibility- as I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of results they would get from it. I d be surprised if someone in Testament didnt know of Meshuggah.

Who the hell even makes an 8 string?

10 string is pretty standard... BC Rich has been making them for a while and Jackson has made a couple.

I don't think Testament should or would do this. Meshuggah's music has just gone to that place or level where using 8 stringers actually has a place and reason. I don't think they'd fit the kind of music Testament makes.

Oh, the 8 stringers are called Nevborn, this is the site www.nevbornguitars.com

it's in swedish, and there's not really anything there yet.

Would there even be a need for an 8 string though?
I could see them maybe going with a 7 string (Like Nevermore did for Dead Heart, they still sounded like Nevermore but had a much thicker guitar sound) but even the 6 string stuff on The Gathering sounds crushing :D

Hey Spawn, there is a way you can search "slayer" without all the Buffy stuff coming up. You can put the MINUS words "buffy" and "vampire" and it will omit anything with those words in your search
As far as Messhugah goes, I think they suck!

Thanks Hunger :D

Thats way easier than screaming and cursing at the screen like I usually do :)

Meshuggah sucks balls. I've never liked those guys. Never before has so many time changes left me yawning. I usually cream my pants over musicians music, but ever since I first heard these guys (whatever year Destroy Erase came out) they've bored me......

Testament should not have anything to do with the "who can go lowest" gimmick........