Will there be a We Are The Void deluxe edition CD?

Apr 17, 2006
USA
Anybody hear anything regarding this? If would be nice if they released a deluxe edition similar to what the band did with Fiction, with all the various bonus tracks collected and maybe a DVD with the music videos.

Well, as there already is a WAtV "Limited Deluxe Edition" (with Star of Nothingness and To Where Fires Cannot Feed, plus a bonus-DVD), such an all-encompassing edition would probably have to be called something else. :Smug: Still, anything is possible (and the Fiction one was called an "Expanded Edition" anyway).

Personally, I wish they'd just release MCDs / CD EPs more often and put at least all those internet-only songs there.

-Villain

I did read in an interview member a DT member pointing out years ago that people will just jump online and collect out of region songs via the internet anyway. I wouldn't say it was an endorsement of the behavior, but it is a fact. It's easy enough to import editions that you don't already have, or download them if you don't feel that one song is the absurd price of a Japanese import. Which is understandable, I think. Buy the album in your region, download the rest of the tracks, and by some awesome merchandise (he typed while wearing his DT hoody). That way, you support the band by a higher margin of direct cash, the label by at least one sale, and get all the songs plus bonus swag.

You will still be a criminal, though.

We may not actually disagree here. The base Fiction is an incredible album. The bonus tracks don't really fit it. Below the Radiance is too bombastic (especially those opening notes), Winter Triangle and Silence in the House of Tounges are beautiful impressionist pieces, but they also don't really have a place. Fiction is its own perfect balance. It is a band showing up to get shit done: brutally, with a hint of darkness and a whole lot of music in their hearts.

So, if you're saying those songs are bad, then you are insane. If you are simply saying that they don't work with the rest of the package, then I will agree. With all DT bonus tracks, they really feel like encores to the album proper. That said, packing them in some hi-def format (CD, as opposed to pirate mp3s) is really just a delivery mechanism. Also, they fit chronologically (as opposed to later delivering a bizarre archaeological experience like Exponsures), so it's nice to see the other great ideas they had at the time that sat just outside the brilliance of the main performance. They're brilliant, but they belong on singles or EPs.

We may not actually disagree here. The base Fiction is an incredible album. The bonus tracks don't really fit it. Below the Radiance is too bombastic (especially those opening notes), Winter Triangle and Silence in the House of Tounges are beautiful impressionist pieces, but they also don't really have a place. Fiction is its own perfect balance. It is a band showing up to get shit done: brutally, with a hint of darkness and a whole lot of music in their hearts.

So, if you're saying those songs are bad, then you are insane. If you are simply saying that they don't work with the rest of the package, then I will agree. With all DT bonus tracks, they really feel like encores to the album proper. That said, packing them in some hi-def format (CD, as opposed to pirate mp3s) is really just a delivery mechanism. Also, they fit chronologically (as opposed to later delivering a bizarre archaeological experience like Exponsures), so it's nice to see the other great ideas they had at the time that sat just outside the brilliance of the main performance. They're brilliant, but they belong on singles or EPs.

agreed