Will there be promo's going out for the upcoming album?

IanDork107

I wrote a book! Buy it!
Sep 9, 2002
Not here.
I'm starting to write for www.metalreview.com and the webmaster has tried to get in contact with tzadik because he knows how much I'd like to hear/review Choirs Of The Eye. There's been no reply from the label, so I figured you band members might know if any promos will go out or if I'll just have to be patient ( :cry: ) and wait for the release date. :D

Toby,

May I please have a promo? It's coming out right near my birthday and I will be ever so kind to it. Well, unless it sucks. Then I'll eviscerate the poor bastard when writing for Mindspell.

xoxoxo
-k-

p.s. The only kind of "leaking" I plan to do is emailing pictures of myself holding the promo to a few select metal "'zines" in animated .gif format with derogatory comments re: their policy of using the publication basically to advertise that they have the CD + MP3s/burns of it are now available for all friends.

This may ruin my reputation around here but if the album's even half of what I'm expecting... there is someone I care about enough to want to share it with. So, I'd buy one even if I scored a promo.

Besides that... I was going to congratulate Greg on his promotion with an add at the workshop that I never completed. So, I'll just sink the funds into a CD.

screwdriverqueen said:
Isn't anybody going to actually buy the album?
I know I am... and at least 2 or 3 people around here that I have bombarded with "YOU WILL BUY THIS ALBUM" talk at work. My biggest worry honestly is that for some reason we dont get it in on release date. I'm not sure how well Tzadik distributes (Me thinks well enough to get it in at FYE)... but it would be a bummer to be sitting around without it after waiting so long!

I'm planning on buying it assuming that The End Records has it. :D
I have serious doubts The End is going to carry it, and part of me prefers that they don't. That's the part of me that really wants to separate our band from the metal scene. A logical assumption from this point is also that I'm not really interested in seeing our album reviewed in metal zines either. Of course there's maybe about 12% of me that disagrees, and I'm speaking only personally and not for the other members of the band.

FuSoYa said:
I have serious doubts The End is going to carry it, and part of me prefers that they don't. That's the part of me that really wants to separate our band from the metal scene. A logical assumption from this point is also that I'm not really interested in seeing our album reviewed in metal zines either. Of course there's maybe about 12% of me that disagrees, and I'm speaking only personally and not for the other members of the band.
Ah...now where is a cheapskate like me going to get ahold of it? Will it be sold through your site or anywhere else online?

I don't know if alientating the metal public is the right thing to do....unless the album has like no heavy guitars and really isn't metal anymore...

but Jake's homosexual ass compared it to Isis so I'm guessing it's still pertty heavy so like adventurous metalheads will probably dig it...

also people who read metal zines and dug motW could be left wondering..when the fuck is this band coming out with something new...

and shit.

FalseTodd said:
Distribution: Big chain stores like Tower carry Tzadik releases, but Tzadik's catalog is *huge* so there's no telling if our record in specific will be available there...
I could most likely assume then that if we (FYE) put in an order for it and such we could get it? (I know Zorn, and Naked City stuff is in the computer.)

And to respond to Toby's comment: I think part of the idea is the elimination of genre barriers (not that one band can do that, of course but you gotta do yr part) and so I'd like to see The End carry it, and I'd like to see Touch N Go carry it at the same time, or whatever.

Yes there is still alot of heavy metal in the sound, of course, and I don't think The End wouldn't carry it based on its' sound. I mean, they carry (and release) Ulver records, and they sound MUCH LESS like a metal band than we do at this point...