Will there be...

Oct 30, 2002
Live from La-La Land
Visit site
...another Bloodbath album? I just bought Breeding Death and I love the songs, the keyboard part in "Furnace Funeral" is genius. Will there ever be just one more Bloodbath cd? Mike's voice is amazing, he should do more Entombed/Nihilist-style screaming in Bloodbath's future, if there is one. BTW, I also just picked up Crimson and I'm discovering the joys of that one, and soon I will get Maceration as well.

Dan, you're the man!!

Ähm... do you know that Bloobbath released an full album after "Breeding Death"? It's called "Resurrection through carnage" and it's only 3 or 4 Month out.

I bet there could be another Bloodbath album made in like a year or two, but I think that if one was to be made, Dan Swano would probably want a bigger hand in its creation. I personally would like to see Boodbath go through an experimental pathway in the same way edge of sanity and panthymonium did. And all the musicians in Bloodbath are from more experimental bands anyway. I guess we shall wait and see.

PS I bet swano wouldnt do another album if it was simply a rehash of what was done before. lol or should we say a rehash of a rehash...

Yup, I do have RTC as well and it kills. My question is, why change the Bloodbath formula? Nobody else plays that way anymore, so it's not like beating a dead horse. Why would you want to change the sound so much? It just would not be Bloodbath any more. Isn't that what having multiple side projects is for, to keep all the different sounds in a different album? Just my take I guess, but to each there own.

I agree the purpose of Bloodbath was "oldschool deathmetal." However Dan has stated that he wanted to change the Bloodbath sound. I guess to something more progish and melodic. So if given the choice between no Bloodbath and an evolved Bloodbath I would support Dan and the bands decision. I guess in MY case my favorite Edge of Sanity album is "The Spectral Sorrows." Why? I just like that midperiod where bands are just beginning to evolve into something new. Avery exciting time for a band. But then again it would be nice to have ONE Swedish death metal band that still had the old Stockholm sound. Either way Ill be happy.

Actually I dont like the idea of too many sideprojects because then any devient creative idea you come out with turns into a sideproject and your left with nothing new and exciting in the main band. Take Hypocrisy for example. Peter has so many sideprojects (or had) that now Hypocrisy is stuck in this formula, afraid to stray to far. Metal people fear sell-outs and deviation, but we must also remember that it is change and growth that makes the music we listen to so fresh and interesting. Would we have all cared about Edge of Sanity in the same way had Dan and Co. released "Nothing But Death Reamains" 7 times? Your right though it really is a matter of opinion. Hope you dont mind mine :)

Charles

You know.. I really don't like Resurrection Through Carnage that much. That and Subway Mirror are the only two things Dan has done that I don't love. Breeding Death was awesome, but I can't help but find RTC boring.