Windows 7; MacOS-Extended external HDD

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
I know this isn't really the proper place to ask, but does anyone know if Windows 7 can access MacOS extended partitioned HDD's. I only ask, because my Xbox360 can access it no problem!!

I'm wondering if I can access the files on my external drive, right from within windows. Or whether I'm going to have to do some swapsy action with the Macbook.

I'm moving my hackintosh over to Windows 7; tonight!

Whelp... I just watched my OSX partitions go bye-bye! I backed everything up that I had onto my external drive. It is weird; a bit of research suggests that Win7 wont be able to access the external drive... but the XBOX360 can! Why didn't they incorporate that technology into Win7 I wonder?

See you on the other side!

It is weird; a bit of research suggests that Win7 wont be able to access the external drive... but the XBOX360 can! Why didn't they incorporate that technology into Win7 I wonder?

It would have surprised me actually... It's a bit of a PITA if you have to handle Mac formatted discs/partitions from time to time on your Win platform.

Therefore I've acquired this piece of software called "MacDrive" a few years ago. Works like a charm, plug-and-play mounting through a memory resident driver and an interface that allows you to handle it like every other FAT/NTFS drive.

So if you'll ever be in need to get quick access to such a drive/partition again, they're having a time-limited demo on their site IIRC.

Yeah. I got some software called HFSexplorer, which I'm using to copy over all my files from my external drive. I've heard bad things about Macdrive screwing up your WinXP partition, so I'm loathe to risk that.