Windows XP?

ThraxMan

Metal Madman
Feb 15, 2002
Northern Michigan
Visit site
How many of you are using Windows XP? I just installed it again. It came with my DELL and I didn't like XP at first so I used Windows 98 SE for a spell. Now I am Using XP once again.

Yeah, it's the best OS MS has released. Really stable. Granted, it takes a bit beefier system to utilize properly, but it does multitasking a lot better than '98, has way better driver and game support than 2000, and is relatively secure. I'm glad MS pulled it together, 'cause they aren't any viable alternatives. Let's face, PC hardware companies release their products for Windows. Very few have Linux drivers. Very few games are made for Linux (none for BeOS), and Windows emulators don't work as well as they should.

I have 2000 Professional, and I like it a lot. My mother-in-law has XP and I can't stand it, but I think it's more her system than XP, because it's slow as fuck and locks up all the time. But I'm pretty content with what I have, so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I have to replace my monitor before I do anything, anyway.

Xp's not bad. It's a damn site more colourful than the previous OS's from Microsoft and I think they thought more about gamers this time. But I do have problems with getting old prorams to work. Even thoufgh XP has the programs compatibilty thingy. It still does'nt seem to work with quite a few programs.

I actually had a few problems with my Voodoo3 video card, XP didn't understand the drivers. It didn't understand my internet drivers either LOL. So, because the internet was unavailable I couldn't download the new updated drivers from the 3dfx website for my voodoo3. It was a rough time! But it was funny when I phoned up my service provider to get updated drivers for XP to be able to use the internet again, and they said hold on we'll refer you to the XP dept!! HAHA fuck these guys were screwed, they were obviously getting loads of calls from other unamused users of the company's internet connection.
Did you get any other probs?