Windows 7

I'm not trying to get anyone to switch. I'm not a fan of Apple, I am just explaining my decision to stay with their platform.

Everyone knows your decision as we read it in every thread! :lol:

You're totally entitled to your opinions but it's annoying to see every windows thread of interest turn into some hate rant by every mac user on the forum stating the same "omg virus, omg security, omg not as good as osx!" stuff...

For the record, I am still interested in Windows 7. I just want Microsoft to try harder. They are letting Apple win, and Apple has gotten big-headed and is ignoring large portions of their customer base.

It's awesome that Microsoft doesn't treat me like a criminal for building my own machine - they reward this and even give machines performance ratings based on benchmarks and comparative metrics - totally killer! I love the Windows 7 UI, I had to see it in motion because still shots simply don't do it justice. It's got all the makings of an excellent OS, but I am very skeptical about the security of it for good reason.

Let's take this in a more constructive direction - I actually WANT to switch to Windows because I can get better price/performance on hardware, and have the full support of Microsoft in doing this. I also hate the direction Apple has been going in since 2006.

My experience with Windows 7 so far has been nothing short of awesome, but I am very concerned that even with constant patching, even running AVG anti virus, that my machine may still get compromised simply because I like the convenience of connecting to the internet to download software updates for the music software I run every day.

My experience with Windows 7 so far has been nothing short of awesome, but I am very concerned that even with constant patching, even running AVG anti virus, that my machine may still get compromised simply because I like the convenience of connecting to the internet to download software updates for the music software I run every day.

you should spend some money on a anti virus prog, trust me.
and immunisation with s&d is a good thing too and it won't slow your system down.
(try securinia psi if you want even more security)