Winds

I Luv God

Jul 14, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
A buddy of mine introduced me to Winds a few months back and I must say that they are truly a unique band.Check out their site http://www.lasteve.com/winds/index2.php
The band is awesome,I must say.
They're categorized as contemporary metal but I guess you would have to hear them to make any judgments.
Anyways I'm just hoping to maybe get some people to check out their music because I really think they are a unique and genuine band.(Lyrically and musically).
I remember when I first listened to their Ep,I thought they were alright but when I heard their first studio album (Reflections of the I) I was extremely impressed.
The band has much talent and I think deserves much recognition.
Check them out if you have the chance.
They are currently working on their second studio album..I can't wait!!

Of Entity and Mind, the debut ep, is more interesting that Reflections of the I. One of the main reasons is that the debut ep was more centered around guitar and piano while the album was more symphonic, something which is horribly overdone in the metal scene of today. The vocalist is good for the symphonic style, dwelling in more of a grunge / altrock style of clean unstrained voice as opposed to the usual high pitched warbling. I think a vocalist like Jeff Buckley or the guy from Muse (you know the style, high pitched - lots of range - not like 80s cock rock) would fit the music more, but thank god they don't do the cockrock bullshit.

August is a good guitar player, but he could be great if he'd quit the neoclassical bullshit.

And the "dark" vocals are cheesy as fuck, they need to be dropped.